The Student Room Group

Incorrect Entitlement re-assessment after 60 days extra funding

Hi,

I have had a horrible time for past week trying to get the advisors on the phone to understand my concerns and have not been able to get any help beyond being told to apply for financial hardship so I was hoping here would have a better chance.

Essentially after suspending my studies I received an overpayment of £3866. I submitted my medical evidence to trigger the extra 60 days worth of funding and now owe £3420 instead. My issue is that I suspended my studies on the 10/7/23 and have only received £446 for that 60 day period (ending the 8th of September). The reason I believe this is wrong is that upon discussing with the overpayment team they claimed I had been overpaid £806.34 from the 10/7/23 - 4/9/23. I can’t work out how 60 days worth of extra funding is almost half that of the 56 days of maintenance loan I was overpaid in the same back dated time period?

I have spent over 15 hours on the phone this week to no help and would appreciate some help on this issue because any time I ask to speak to someone more knowledgeable or a manager I get declined the opportunity and either hung up on or transferred.
Original post by KcW1111
Hi,

I have had a horrible time for past week trying to get the advisors on the phone to understand my concerns and have not been able to get any help beyond being told to apply for financial hardship so I was hoping here would have a better chance.

Essentially after suspending my studies I received an overpayment of £3866. I submitted my medical evidence to trigger the extra 60 days worth of funding and now owe £3420 instead. My issue is that I suspended my studies on the 10/7/23 and have only received £446 for that 60 day period (ending the 8th of September). The reason I believe this is wrong is that upon discussing with the overpayment team they claimed I had been overpaid £806.34 from the 10/7/23 - 4/9/23. I can’t work out how 60 days worth of extra funding is almost half that of the 56 days of maintenance loan I was overpaid in the same back dated time period?

I have spent over 15 hours on the phone this week to no help and would appreciate some help on this issue because any time I ask to speak to someone more knowledgeable or a manager I get declined the opportunity and either hung up on or transferred.

Hi there,

Unfortunately we are unable to access accounts on this platform. The 60 extra days would automatically be added if the university had sent us a 'health suspension' when they confirm the last day you attended.

If you're able to contact us via the live chat in your account or on 0300 100 0607 we'll look into this and advise you further. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending