The Student Room Group

Anyone in Surrey going to study Natural Sciences (Bio) at Cambridge?

Is there anyone going to study Nat Sci (Biological) at Cambridge this year? Can you please give me tips for personal statement? I'm not exactly sure if I want to do this course or not yet.
Also, is anyone in Surrey studying at Cambridge or will be studying there? Because, if I do go to Cambridge, I'm not sure how often I'd want to go home. I'm thinking of going home once a fortnight, is that too much?
Reply 1
Original post by auguststanley
Is there anyone going to study Nat Sci (Biological) at Cambridge this year? Can you please give me tips for personal statement? I'm not exactly sure if I want to do this course or not yet.
Also, is anyone in Surrey studying at Cambridge? Because, if I do go to Cambridge, I'm not sure how often I'd want to go home. I'm thinking of going home once a fortnight, is that too much?

Don't live in Surrey so can't help u with that but terms at Cam are 8 weeks so depends on how much time u will spend at home each fortnight
Also, is anyone in Surrey studying at Cambridge or will be studying there? Because, if I do go to Cambridge, I'm not sure how often I'd want to go home. I'm thinking of going home once a fortnight, is that too much?

Cambridge has more than its fair share of students from Surrey, so I don't think you'll be alone :laugh:

Play it by ear, when you get there. You'll probably find you don't want to go home at all during term time - it's only 8 weeks. See how you feel when you're actually there, rather than planning now. :smile:
Original post by Wal123
Don't live in Surrey so can't help u with that but terms at Cam are 8 weeks so depends on how much time u will spend at home each fortnight

thank you so much, I didn't know this! :smile:
Original post by Reality Check
Cambridge has more than its fair share of students from Surrey, so I don't think you'll be alone :laugh:

Play it by ear, when you get there. You'll probably find you don't want to go home at all during term time - it's only 8 weeks. See how you feel when you're actually there, rather than planning now. :smile:

Thank you, that is really relieving! I actually don't know anyone from Surrey going to study at Cambridge :frown:
Thank you, that is really relieving! I actually don't know anyone from Surrey going to study at Cambridge :frown:

No problem. And don't worry - there will be oodles - honestly. :smile:
No problem. And don't worry - there will be oodles - honestly. :smile:

Thank you so much!:smile: Do you please know anyone on here who is or will be studying Biological Natural Sciences at Cambridge?
Thank you so much!:smile: Do you please know anyone on here who is or will be studying Biological Natural Sciences at Cambridge?

Try posting in the main Cambridge thread for whichever year you're planning on applying :smile: FYI, I studied Biological NatSci at Cambridge myself.
Try posting in the main Cambridge thread for whichever year you're planning on applying :smile: FYI, I studied Biological NatSci at Cambridge myself.

Thank you, I'll do that :smile: That's amazing that you studied at Cambridge- first of all, well done!! On their site, it only says Biology and Chemistry is needed, do I need Maths or Further Maths?
Thank you, I'll do that :smile: That's amazing that you studied at Cambridge- first of all, well done!! On their site, it only says Biology and Chemistry is needed, do I need Maths or Further Maths?

Yes, you really need to do A level maths - 99.9% of people do, and you will make it much harder for yourself if you don't.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending