The Student Room Group

A-levels needed for natural sciences at Cambridge

Can I get into the natural sciences course at Cambridge university if I have not studied A-level maths, because this A-level was not offered at my secondary school?
Reply 1
From the entry requirements page on the course ''Further guidance: In exceptional circumstances, applicants with only two science/mathematics subjects and Biological Sciences applicants without Mathematics may be considered. You can outline any restrictions or constraints on your school subject choices in My Cambridge Application (this will be emailed to you after you submit your UCAS application).'' So sounds like they might consider it, I'd recommend contacting admissions to discuss your situation.
Reply 2
Original post by eeeli
From the entry requirements page on the course ''Further guidance: In exceptional circumstances, applicants with only two science/mathematics subjects and Biological Sciences applicants without Mathematics may be considered. You can outline any restrictions or constraints on your school subject choices in My Cambridge Application (this will be emailed to you after you submit your UCAS application).'' So sounds like they might consider it, I'd recommend contacting admissions to discuss your situation.

How did I context admissions? I don’t know what that means.
Reply 3
Thank you so much for the help!!! I feel more reassured with the process that I might go into!
Hi I'm a Cambridge Natsci.
There are more than a few bio natscis without maths, and they will be especially understanding if it's a limitation of your school, rather than a choice. There is a maths course in first year (maths is mandatory first year) that is suitable for people without maths A-level.

Don't let it put you off applying at all, you have a fine chance
Reply 5
That’s great! But I definitely would’ve applied anyway just if I got the slim chance!!
Original post by x.k.z.x
Can I get into the natural sciences course at Cambridge university if I have not studied A-level maths, because this A-level was not offered at my secondary school?

Hey!

I’m Oliver and am currently a third year in natural sciences at Lancaster studying synthetic chemistry and biochemistry pathways.
I can't speak for Cambridge but I know at you can study a range of pathways without A-level maths including of chemistry, biology, geography, environmental science and psychology, just to name a few. However you you would need maths if you wanted to study on maths, physics or engineering pathways. The full list of pathways and entry requirements for Lancaster can be found here: https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/natural-sciences/

Hope that is helpful and best of luck with your decision 😊Feel free to ask me any other questions if you have any
Oliver (Student Ambassador)
Reply 7
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador

Hey!

I’m Oliver and am currently a third year in natural sciences at Lancaster studying synthetic chemistry and biochemistry pathways.
I can't speak for Cambridge but I know at you can study a range of pathways without A-level maths including of chemistry, biology, geography, environmental science and psychology, just to name a few. However you you would need maths if you wanted to study on maths, physics or engineering pathways. The full list of pathways and entry requirements for Lancaster can be found here: https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/natural-sciences/

Hope that is helpful and best of luck with your decision 😊Feel free to ask me any other questions if you have any
Oliver (Student Ambassador)

Thank you so much for the suggestion!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending