The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
good choices dd.
good luck!
diamonddust
I'm doing bio, chem, pyschology and english lit. My summer has been non exsistent so I can't wait to start college! I start on Friday.

Snap! well almost, I'm doing geography instead of psychology, but pretty close :biggrin:

Same about the holiday to, can't wait to get back into some kind of schedule.
electriic_ink
Is it really a big transition, though? I mean the first AS Maths paper (C1) from last year begins with two questions that are just GCSE work:

http://eiewebvip.edexcel.org.uk/Reports/Confidential%20Documents/0706/6663_01_que_20070521.pdf

I can only assume other subjects are the same.

LOL how much space to simplify those brackets in q1!? edexcel are so terrible.
I start on Monday :smile:

& its my birthday on thursday :biggrin:!
drivingg!
I start on Friday. Indution yeserday.

Can't wait to be honest, my brains are pertty much mushed from doing absoluely nothing during the summer hols.

Taking, Sociology, English Lit and Music =)
I'm bored of the summer. I want to start my AS's. Thgough saying that, I'll probably want the summer again a few weeks into AS...

I'm doing: Maths, F. Maths, Physics, Geography, Chemistry. Looking forward to all of them
I'm terrorfied and a bit confused, lol. I'm not sure what's going on really, I went and confirmed by GCSE results on the 21st, and they just said "See you in September". So, presumably, I will receive a letter detailing things a bit better?

Thanks
Reply 47
Yes I your school has any sense(unlike mine whodidn't even send a lette to say what time to come in on results day:rolleyes) you should recieve a letter..my letter was late so don't worry just yet and if i gets late in your eyes then ring em up as your letter might have got lost in the post or something!
Reply 48
I just can't wait to start my AS's as I have forgotten everything I learnt at GCSE my brain has had too much of a break and It needs to start up again education wise..it's been TOO SO long.
I had my induction days on the 1st and 2nd july. Monday is when i get a 'college tour' and confirmation of course, gcse requiremnts etc. then I've got a PSHE day on the 10t sept. all about how to deal with alcohol etc lol. and then 11th sept, my first official day!

Worried about work load, excited cos most of my friends are going, lots of cool people from all the other local schools are going too. also still worried about taking chemsitry and possibly a 5th as. the work load is going to BIG. EMA should be awesome tho :biggrin: i just want to have some cool people in all my classes; having friends in my lessons m,ade my gcses so much easier. all in all it shud be fantastic!
Reply 50
Malsi101
I just can't wait to start my AS's as I have forgotten everything I learnt at GCSE my brain has had too much of a break and It needs to start up again education wise..it's been TOO SO long.

Me too! Totally forgotten everything.. and I haven't done maths gcse work in over a year so I've forgotten all that completely doubley more :frown: Need to do some serious revising before I start... :frown:
Malsi101

lol, i compeltely agree with you. i can;t remmber anything from maths... or french... I just revised like anything in may and june and since then i've been too busy having fun. I keep meaning to do some work; like recap of gcse, or head start to as, but i never seem to find the time; or morevoer, i find 101 more interesting things to do instead :p:
Reply 52
Having little friends made it easier for me to work more freinds just want to play play play.

I still need to get my EMA sorted my mum won't get her tax credit thing she's leaving it s late for me:mad::frown:
I can't wait to get back into a routine and hopefully my brain will pick everything up easily.
Reply 53
M_J
Me too! Totally forgotten everything.. and I haven't done maths gcse work in over a year so I've forgotten all that completely doubley more :frown: Need to do some serious revising before I start... :frown:

aww.I think what I'll do is start school and then if I can't pick up things easily start recapping when I get home from school and learning then. So I don't spoil my last days of hols, and I will have time to learn things in and after school once I start..I don't want to do much now as I just want to enjoy these last few days as I know when we go back we are so going to miss them and wish It was still hols:frown:
Malsi101
Having little friends made it easier for me to work more freinds just want to play play play.

I still need to get my EMA sorted my mum won't get her tax credit thing she's leaving it s late for me:mad::frown:
I can't wait to get back into a routine and hopefully my brain will pick everything up easily.

don't worry about ema. get if asap, but you will get ur money in the end.

at my college, even if u sent your form off in june like me, we probs wont get anything until december, cos our admin staff cant get their ass into gear:p:
Reply 55
hazzypants
lol, i compeltely agree with you. i can;t remmber anything from maths... or french... I just revised like anything in may and june and since then i've been too busy having fun. I keep meaning to do some work; like recap of gcse, or head start to as, but i never seem to find the time; or morevoer, i find 101 more interesting things to do instead :p:

I know....it's so scary!!! But if we can't pick it up again once we start school we'll have to just do extra self teaching, revising and recapping more etc etc.

Me too!!!!!!:biggrin:
Reply 56
Malsi101
aww.I think what I'll do is start school and then if I can't pick up things easily start recapping when I get home from school and learning then. So I don't spoil my last days of hols, and I will have time to learn things in and after school once I start..I don't want to do much now as I just want to enjoy these last few days as I know when we go back we are so going to miss them and wish It was still hols:frown:

Ooooooh good idea I'm totally gonna do that instead :p:
You still have over a week off :frown: Jealous muchly!!

I've still not sorted my EMA out either. tut! I got a new one of them application packs yesterday though, and as long as you apply within 28 days of starting college, you are entitled to cash from the beginning :biggrin:
Reply 57
Lol...:biggrin:

Ooh thanks for the info!!!:smile:
i definitley need to sort out my EMA, im gonna call them now lol
Reply 59
:smile: No problem!

I don't even think I have the right sort of bank account tbh... will need to get that sorted also :frown:
Jeez so much stuff to do!!

Latest