The Student Room Group

Applying to Oxbridge as a Private / External Candidate

Hi,

I'm thinking about making Economics at Oxford one of my choices, starting in September 2021, however I'm a private candidate for A-Levels so will be making my UCAS application independently.

Aside from my UCAS application I believe I'll have to undertake the Thinking Skills Assessment for this course too and perhaps an interview. Are there any other parts of the application process I might not be aware of?

Also, am I correct that you can only apply for Oxford or Cambridge in a given year - not both?

TYIA :smile:
Original post by beachpanda
Hi,

I'm thinking about making Economics at Oxford one of my choices, starting in September 2021, however I'm a private candidate for A-Levels so will be making my UCAS application independently.

Aside from my UCAS application I believe I'll have to undertake the Thinking Skills Assessment for this course too and perhaps an interview. Are there any other parts of the application process I might not be aware of?

Also, am I correct that you can only apply for Oxford or Cambridge in a given year - not both?

TYIA :smile:

You're correct you can only apply for one of Oxford or Cambridge in a year yes :smile: (well unless you're an organ scholar, but most people aren't!)
I'm assuming you're aware that you have to submit your UCAS application by 15th October 6pm if you have Oxford as one of your choices?
Also you don't mention that you have someone to write your reference, are you aware you will need an academic reference as part of your application?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending