The Student Room Group

a level resit

i redid year 12 last year and am currently in year 13. i am not confident that i will pass my exams, get through clearing, or be able to apply for a degree apprenticeship. im wondering if i can redo my exams. id probably have to apply for them as an external but can i still sit them or will i have to pay. what options do i have?
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by unfortunatelol
i redid year 12 last year and am currently in year 13. i am not confident that i will pass my exams, get through clearing, or be able to apply for a degree apprenticeship. im wondering if i can redo my exams. id apply for them as an external but can i still sit them or will i have to pay. what options do i have?

i think you would have to pay if you applied to resit as a private/external candidate if you did them at an exam centre, and they all have different prices so you’d have to contact multiple and compare prices and see if they even do your exams at their centre. I’m not sure if it could be different if you can resit at your current school though next years, they may just have lower prices compared to a centre. i’d definitely recommend talking to someone at your school though, they’ll be able to give you more information (like if they even accept private candidates for resits or if you’d still have to pay)

hope this helps! (:
Reply 2
Original post by loulai_
i think you would have to pay if you applied to resit as a private/external candidate if you did them at an exam centre, and they all have different prices so you’d have to contact multiple and compare prices and see if they even do your exams at their centre. I’m not sure if it could be different if you can resit at your current school though next years, they may just have lower prices compared to a centre. i’d definitely recommend talking to someone at your school though, they’ll be able to give you more information (like if they even accept private candidates for resits or if you’d still have to pay)

hope this helps! (:

thank you. ill talk to them and see how it goes.

Quick Reply

Latest