The Student Room Group

Referencing - citations

Hi everyone,

If I use the same source multiple times in my assignment do I have to keep citing it every time I refer to it or paraphrase from it?

Thanks
I think You should always cite it when referencing/paraphrase it and just put the actual reference in your bibliography/reference list.

If the resource has different page numbers then use those like (Author Surname, Publish Date, p.XX) each time.
Alternatively you could work it into the paragraph by writing it like...

Author Surname states that.... ‘quote or paraphrase’ (date, or date and pager number).

Better to be safe then sorry 🙂
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by ClaudiaVan
I think You should always cite it when referencing/paraphrase it and just put the actual reference in your bibliography/reference list.

If the resource has different page numbers then use those like (Author Surname, Publish Date, p.XX) each time.
Alternatively you could work it into the paragraph by writing it like...

Author Surname states that.... ‘quote or paraphrase’ (date, or date and pager number).

Better to be safe then sorry 🙂

Awesome, thank you! :smile:
Original post by xx_Ammmz_xx
Hi everyone,

If I use the same source multiple times in my assignment do I have to keep citing it every time I refer to it or paraphrase from it?

Thanks

What referencing system are you using?
Original post by xx_Ammmz_xx
Awesome, thank you! :smile:

Just check that it fits your referencing style.. like @Reality Check above said. If Harvard then the method I said should be okay- your uni or place of study may even have a booklet or referencing guide specific to your i situation so worth checking :smile:
Original post by Reality Check
What referencing system are you using?

Harvard referencing

Quick Reply

Latest