The Student Room Group

How to cite

Can someone please explain the different styles of citing and how do to them?
Reply 1
You don't need to know all of them. Just the one your subject/department uses. When you know that you can just Google 'OSCOLA referencing guide' for instance.
Original post by hermi_1_
Can someone please explain the different styles of citing and how do to them?
Hey there 😀

Are you looking for differences between specific styles, or are you aiming to grasp their overall principles and usage? The primary distinction lies in each style's unique guidelines for formatting citations, reference lists, and other elements of academic writing. Selecting the suitable style depends on factors such as your field of study, institutional preferences, and occasionally, the precise demands of your assignments.

Numerous online resources offer comprehensive guidance on these styles. Are you a university student? If so, you may have access to the Cite Them Right website, which I highly recommend and is my favourite. It provides clear and easily understandable guidelines for referencing various sources.

I hope it was helpful 💪 Feel free to reach out if you have any questions 😉 You can also chat with me or other students directly through The Ambassador Platform.

Take care,

Julia
Psychology student
De Montfort University

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending