The Student Room Group

Are we all in agreement that beer taste better out of a bottle?

Title

Scroll to see replies

100%
Either you've never been to a pub and had draft beer or only go to pubs that don't clean their lines.
Original post by Pop Smoke
Title

No, I enjoy it both out of a can and bottle, but either case I pour it into a pint glass with plenty of ice.
Reply 4
Original post by Bradley Gifford
No, I enjoy it both out of a can and bottle, but either case I pour it into a pint glass with plenty of ice.

Beer with ice???
Beer with ice???

:yes: I could never drink warm beer.
Reply 6

No one says to have to... put it in a fridge.

Honestly you should face jail time for saying that
No one says to have to... put it in a fridge.

Honestly you should face jail time for saying that

It never goes cold enough if I simply put it in the fridge.

So you dislike beer then?
Nah, prefer a decent thick pint glass that holds the chill.
Original post by vicvic38
So you dislike beer then?

Only when it is warm.
Only when it is warm.

So you don't like it?

You can't taste the beer properly when it's cold. I only drink bad beer cold, and even then it's only chilled.
So you don't like it?

You can't taste the beer properly when it's cold. I only drink bad beer cold, and even then it's only chilled.

Believe what you like, it makes absolutely no difference to me, I like it cold and you like it warm.
Believe what you like, it makes absolutely no difference to me, I like it cold and you like it warm.

I'm not wrong. It's why they pack ice-creams so full of sugar and flavourings, because you'd not be able to taste it otherwise. Ever made ice lollies with squash? You have to load them with it (at least double the concentration) so they don't just taste of water. Americans have their beers cold because they have bad beer.

You don't really enjoy beer if you drink it cold.
I'm not wrong. It's why they pack ice-creams so full of sugar and flavourings, because you'd not be able to taste it otherwise. Ever made ice lollies with squash? You have to load them with it (at least double the concentration) so they don't just taste of water. Americans have their beers cold because they have bad beer.

You don't really enjoy beer if you drink it cold.

And you don't enjoy it if you drink it warm, you see the same logic applies! But, as I've already said, I do not care what you believe. :smile:
And you don't enjoy it if you drink it warm, you see the same logic applies! But, as I've already said, I do not care what you believe. :smile:

How does the same logic apply? I drink it "warm" (room temp) because I like the taste of it. You drink it cold because you don't like how it tastes.
How does the same logic apply? I drink it "warm" (room temp) because I like the taste of it. You drink it cold because you don't like how it tastes.

Wrong, you enjoy it warm and I enjoy it cool.
Reply 17
Beer's best from a glass, followed by a bottle. Can is a distant third.

Depending on the beer, anywhere from fridge-cold to 'cellar temperature' works for me.
Wrong, you enjoy it warm and I enjoy it cool.

Wrong. You'd complain if it was given to you warm, and would send it back for ice. I'd still drink it if it was cool.
Wrong. You'd complain if it was given to you warm, and would send it back for ice. I'd still drink it if it was cool.

Sure, believe what you want. đź‘‹

Quick Reply

Latest