The Student Room Group

How to drink something that tastes horrible ???

Okay, so, let's say you need to drink something, for health benefits or whatever, but... it doesn't taste nice !! How do you achieve drinking it all if you don't like it ? Been in this situation before ? Any advice ?
Close ur nose whilst u drink it
Don’t let it linger in your mouth for too long to contemplate the taste. Drink it like a shot.

Take as much as possible in one go and then swallow without thinking.
Reply 3
Original post by Happy Notes
Okay, so, let's say you need to drink something, for health benefits or whatever, but... it doesn't taste nice !! How do you achieve drinking it all if you don't like it ? Been in this situation before ? Any advice ?

close your nose while you drink it and have something that tastes really nice straight afterwards while your nose is still closed - that way, you won't get the aftertaste either (i usually have yoghurt tubes or diet coke haha)
(edited 11 months ago)
You could try making it into a cocktail or follow it with a chaser. It should be noted that a lot of 'health drinks' aren't actually all that for your health, and water is often the healthiest option to drink.
Reply 5
Oh, yes, I've heard of closing your nose whilst eating something that doesn't taste too nice, but does it actually work ? Only one way to find out. lol
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Happy Notes
Oh, yes, I've heard of closing your nose whilst eating something that doesn't taste too nice, but does it actually work ? Only one way to try out. lol

yes i can confirm it defo does work hahaha i used to have to have iron syrup supplements and it tasted so bad - only managed to get through the whole bottle bc of the 'close your nose' technique
Reply 7
Original post by Scienceisgood
Don’t let it linger in your mouth for too long to contemplate the taste. Drink it like a shot.

Take as much as possible in one go and then swallow without thinking.

What if it's a mug full tho ? 😕
Reply 8
Original post by TazmeenX
yes i can confirm it defo does work hahaha i used to have to have iron syrup supplements and it tasted so bad - only managed to get through the whole bottle bc of the 'close your nose' technique

This seems funny. lol Really appreciate your help and advice tho !

Quick Reply

Latest