The Student Room Group

plagiarism

Hi I was wondering if you could help as I’m very very stressed right now, so I have been doing a dental nurse course for the past 2 year and the college have been absolutely useless, my management have complained loads of times, and even stopped new trainees going there, but nothing has changed the communication is shocking and they just don’t help, anyway I’ve been struggling a lot with the work and me and a few of the girls on the course have been helping each other with our notes and work and explaining not to copy word for word and just to get an idea as we aren’t stupid, anyway I’ve had deadline after deadline and I’ve been under the unreal amount of pressure to get this deadline done and I’ve had that many word documents open I’ve sent someone else’s work off and now I’m in trouble for plagiarism[ I’m so stressed I’ve gotten really far and I did not do this intentionally, can some one please help and give me some advice
Many thanks
Original post by Anonymous
Hi I was wondering if you could help as I’m very very stressed right now, so I have been doing a dental nurse course for the past 2 year and the college have been absolutely useless, my management have complained loads of times, and even stopped new trainees going there, but nothing has changed the communication is shocking and they just don’t help, anyway I’ve been struggling a lot with the work and me and a few of the girls on the course have been helping each other with our notes and work and explaining not to copy word for word and just to get an idea as we aren’t stupid, anyway I’ve had deadline after deadline and I’ve been under the unreal amount of pressure to get this deadline done and I’ve had that many word documents open I’ve sent someone else’s work off and now I’m in trouble for plagiarism[ I’m so stressed I’ve gotten really far and I did not do this intentionally, can some one please help and give me some advice
Many thanks

The college being **** and poor is unfortunate but not directly related to the incident.

Well if you submitted someone else's work this is plagiarism, also its not only you who is in trouble its also the other person who's work you submitted.

Not only have you submitted someone else's work but your defence is that you colluded on individual assignment which is also a separate case of academic misconduct.

I suspect you are going to have to face up to this and hope that due to ignorance of what academic misconduct is they allow a capped resit but they could theoretically go much further then that depending on serious they view this.
Reply 2
You have to cop to plagiarism and collusion and hope for the best.

It is cut and dried, really
I am sorry that the quality of education that you have received for years at the college is not fulfilling your expectations. However, what you committed is simply wrong, and there should be no excuse whatsoever to plagiarism and collusion. You will have to face up your consequences, as I think you must have had enough prior knowledge of the consequences of academic misconduct.
You have committed plagiarism that’s for sure. I’m not so sure you colluded though it sounds like a group of people working or studying together as long as you don’t outright copy from each other and the work is your own that side should be ok you should admit the plagiarism and point out it was a mistake I don’t think it warrants being expelled quite yet you may just get zero for the unit.
Original post by jonathanemptage
You have committed plagiarism that’s for sure. I’m not so sure you colluded though it sounds like a group of people working or studying together as long as you don’t outright copy from each other and the work is your own that side should be ok you should admit the plagiarism and point out it was a mistake I don’t think it warrants being expelled quite yet you may just get zero for the unit.

This case is also clearly collusion.
This wasn't working in the same room whilst completing their work and a casual discussion about the report topics. They were clearly sharing concepts, resources and even sent copies of each others work to each other.
Original post by mnot
This case is also clearly collusion.
This wasn't working in the same room whilst completing their work and a casual discussion about the report topics. They were clearly sharing concepts, resources and even sent copies of each others work to each other.

Oh i must have miss understood in that case as its collusion and plagersim I'd say she is in quite a lot of trouble then.
Original post by jonathanemptage
Oh i must have miss understood in that case as its collusion and plagersim I'd say she is in quite a lot of trouble then.

I think the problem is OPs basic argument is:
yes I did plagiarise but it was accidental, I only meant to collude...
Not exactly going to wash as now OP has committed two cases of academic misconduct.

I do rather suspect some of this was down to ignorance. OP will have to face the wrap, hopefully can learn the lesson and can progress with their qualification.
The consequences of such academic misconduct can be very serious. I don’t know what penalties are applied for cheating at your institution, but at other schools, a student may even be excluded once they are caught.
In most cases, if you confess and talk to your teacher, they will allow you to resubmit.
Academic institutions have a lot of resources and modern innovative plagiarism detection software that may confirm cheating. For example, an academic institution usually has its database where all the previously submitted works are stored. Each time a student submits a paper, it is checked by a plagiarism detection tool like Unicheck through open-access resources and a private library of an institution.
Thus, if your school is licensed to use a plagiarism checker and have a database of such papers, the chances of you being caught may be very high.
Hi there, I’m in the exact situation. Could you please let me know what your outcome was. I’m stressing
Original post by Anonymous
Hi there, I’m in the exact situation. Could you please let me know what your outcome was. I’m stressing

Hiya, what was your outcome??

Latest

Trending

Trending