The Student Room Group

A-Level Choices?

I’ve picked Maths and Further Maths, History and need to choose one other subject. I have the options of Latin, Greek, all 3 sciences, Geography, German and Economics. I’m looking to maybe do a PPE degree and then do a law conversion, but basically a degree I enjoy and then law. I don’t really have a preference, I love all my subjects and am decent at them all. Any experiences with these subjects or combinations would be greatly appreciated!
That's very similar to what I'm doing currently. I study Maths, History and Geography. I was initially going to do French instead of Geography, but thought that it would be too much extra work along side maths. Geography and History can go quite well together, but at the same time so can maths and the sciences. I sometimes worry in Maths, because everyone else in my Maths class does at least one science except from me
Hey, I don’t know much about PPE degrees or law but I have a friend who got into Cambridge for law and he did maths, history and chemistry in the end but had started out with maths, biology, chemistry and history. Imo It’s always good to take “core subjects” aka English, maths and the science if you want to keep your options a little more open but it sounds like your pretty set on what you want and what your goals are so it’s really what you think is most useful to your degree choices. I know that my friend said history was really good for law because of the debate and the essay/fact learning side of it. I don’t think you can go wrong with any of the sciences either, but it’s really up to you. Which choice are you leaning towards? Hope that helped a little :smile:
Any of those would suit tbh. I would personally recommend a language - it's always a good one to have and if you choose German, useful in future too. You may also be surprised that you might like it enough to do a languages degree (and as a linguist, I would strongly recommend).
Choose whatever you want then since you have A level maths and further maths for PPE. I do History, Maths and Physics if you have any questions - I was the same as you I was decent as these and more subjects but I chose these 3 because I knew I could do well in them and I ranked them in what would make me cry the least long term

Quick Reply

Latest