The Student Room Group

Bad predictions urgent help!!

So I just got my AS predictions back( we had to do our year 12 exams even in the pandemic )
I got
D - Chemistry
C- Sociology
Distinction- Applied Science

I’m so unhappy with my Chemistry exam.
The thing is if I’m being truthful I get mainly C’s in class work, ( I’ve gotten a range from a E to A in class assessments ) and I always hand in my homework and time and very enthusiastic with the subject. What should I do to try and raise my Chemistry and even sociology predictions ???
Do you think me asking for a B In my Chemistry predictions is too high. I feel so hopeless right now. I want to so a science related course at university to. Thank you
definitly ask for a c- at least discuss it with the teacher and maybe push for a b say why you think you deserve it and give evidence of higher grades :smile:

do you mind me asking what grades you got in these exams (as skewed as the results may be due to the situation)
Well, it depends on what you normally get for Chemistry, if you normally get Bs in Chemistry, then it would be reasonable to suggest a grade B prediction. However, I do very soft subjects at school, (which I regret choosing,) so maybe I'm the worst person to suggest this. However, I wish you good luck, I know you're probably a hard worker.
Original post by bambi1425
definitly ask for a c- at least discuss it with the teacher and maybe push for a b say why you think you deserve it and give evidence of higher grades :smile:

do you mind me asking what grades you got in these exams (as skewed as the results may be due to the situation)

Thank you, and we didn’t get our grade for our results back. Our teachers marker our exams and gave us predictions looking at what we did overall throughout COVID. I spoke to my teacher and she said that my predictions will be changed/re adjusted in October when we come back to school and that I should just keep on doing all my homework and other work they set. Thanks for your help
Original post by Bow_Down_Witches
Well, it depends on what you normally get for Chemistry, if you normally get Bs in Chemistry, then it would be reasonable to suggest a grade B prediction. However, I do very soft subjects at school, (which I regret choosing,) so maybe I'm the worst person to suggest this. However, I wish you good luck, I know you're probably a hard worker.

Yes thanks for your response ! My teacher said that they had to put low predictions for now but in October they will review it and change it as long as we do all the work set over our summer break. Thank you
excellent news that they'll review them later :smile:) good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest