The Student Room Group

What if I don't send exam results to my firm?

I'm an international student and I changed my mind about my firm, I actually want to go to my insurance choice.

My exam results must be manually sent to my universities, so I'm wondering what If I don't send them?
Would my firm choice just reject my application and release me to my insurance choice?

Thanks
Original post by brnthway
I'm an international student and I changed my mind about my firm, I actually want to go to my insurance choice.

My exam results must be manually sent to my universities, so I'm wondering what If I don't send them?
Would my firm choice just reject my application and release me to my insurance choice?

Thanks

Why not behave like a grown up and ask your insurance if they will accept you and then ask your firm to release you?
This may be more difficult if you have already paid your deposit as that might be non-refundable as stated in the terms.
I imagine if you dont send your results then you will lose your place and any deposit.
Reply 2
If I ask my firm to release me, I'll most likely go into clearing, instead of my insurance
If I ask my firm to release me, I'll most likely go into clearing, instead of my insurance

You can ask your firm to release you after your place at your insurance is confirmed. This would result in you going straight to your insurance.

Not sending your results to your firm would usually mean you being rejected on 31st August, but that may not be the case this year. If you firm kept your offer open into September, and you couldn't confirm your place at your insurance, you could end up with nothing.
Reply 4
Original post by SarcAndSpark
You can ask your firm to release you after your place at your insurance is confirmed. This would result in you going straight to your insurance.

Not sending your results to your firm would usually mean you being rejected on 31st August, but that may not be the case this year. If you firm kept your offer open into September, and you couldn't confirm your place at your insurance, you could end up with nothing.

Thank you very much.
Think I'll just wait, I did miss my firm offer by one grade so hopefully they'll just reject me
Thank you very much.
Think I'll just wait, I did miss my firm offer by one grade so hopefully they'll just reject me

Just talk to your firm. They won't force you to go if you don't want to.

And if you wait too long you could end up in a right mess, so I really think it's better to get things sorted now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending