The Student Room Group

Environmental Management....

I am very interested in pursuing an MSc in Environmental Management, but was wondering about the marketability of the degree. I know every business, government and NGO is going green but I was wondering just how long this trend would last? Plus, I am living in the States right now but plan to go abroad. Is Environmental Policy or management more discussed in Europe and Asia then in America? Are there more jobs in this field abroad then in the US?
Reply 1
TimeDivided09
I am very interested in pursuing an MSc in Environmental Management, but was wondering about the marketability of the degree.

bump. I'd like to know this too. Reppage available. :biggrin:
Reply 2
Excellent.

Anyone....Anyone....any info at all?
Reply 3
I'm looking to study Environmental Management at Uni next year and I am 100% certain that demand for people with this knowledge is going to grow.
We are currently in an environmental crisis and everyone is starting to take notice.
Problems will still persist even with companies taking action as the population is growing by the day.
I feel that Europe and in particular the UK are very ahead in Environmental thinking, but with Obama making some big promises on the Environmental front, whos to say that the US won't pull out their finger.
Reply 4
Oxford has a good degree - Msc Environmental Change and Management. Check out thier alumni list..from Mckinesy to the World Bank, which shows that it must have some value. Although the oxford brand probably has something to do with it too...
Reply 5
The Oxford brand name obviously has something to with it. But still, the degree is very much in demand.

I am thinking about attending the Ecole Des Mines de Paris. Anyone know about this school and if its any good?
Reply 6
Going down the same road.
Got offers at
RHUL; Environmental Diagnosis and Management, Sustainability and Management.
UCL; GIS- environ mapping etc.
Imperial; Environmental Technology.
Reading; Environmental Management.
Surrey; Corporate Environmental Management.

Anyone know if these courses are any good??
Reply 7
Subscribing like a boss
Reply 8
Hi, I came acrosss this and having almost come to the end of a year studying Msc Environmental management at the Uni of Nottingham, I would say go with a degree that gives you IEMA status (or at least knowledge of sutainability in business) as well as many jobs ask for this. More applied degrees are probably more valuable at Msc stage

Also, being an international uni, we get the impression that a few people seem to be studying here for time in the UK rather than a degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending