The Student Room Group

To be absolutely fuming at this?

My daughter (adopted) came home 4 months ago. The foster carers were absolutely amazing and cared so much and my daughter really is like family to them. On the last day of intros they were very emotional, their hearts were breaking as they hugged and waved to my daughter. We have been keeping in touch with them since, sending them photos etc. we usually text each other every few days, my daughter has had video calls with them. We are hoping to meet up with them next week. My daughter was with them for 4 years so they are a huge part of her life.

We met up with the foster carers a week after she came home and it was lovely, they are amazing people, they love my daughter and always put her first in everything they did. My daughter ran into her arms and started playing with her. At the end she had a long hug goodbye and we was going to meet up again sooner but we couldn't because of lockdown.

The foster carers live very close to us (10 minute walk) and their birth son goes to the same primary school (less than 10 minutes from our house) our daughter will go to in September. My daughter was with the foster carers from birth for 4 years, so they will probably always be a big part of her life which is ok as they raised her from birth and are lovely, amazing and brilliant people and always put my daughter first before themselves in everything they did and do. They have said my daughter can keep in contact with them when she is an adult too if she wants.

Last night my mum called us, fair enough. I let her speak to my daughter (mum asked if she could speak to her) who excitedly tells my mother that we are meeting the foster carers on Monday (tomorrow), next minute my mothers telling her that she shouldn't be meeting them and that they don't love her (they do love her). As soon as she's off the phone my daughter was absolutely distraught, crying, upset for hours. So thanks to my mother, I spent the hours before my daughter went to bed, reassuring her that the foster carers do love her and that we will be staying in touch, even rang the foster carers with my daughter to reassure her more.

Am I being unreasonable to be fuming at my mother for this?
Reply 1
Id be ****ed off too. Did you ask your mum why she would say that?
Reply 2
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Id be ****ed off too. Did you ask your mum why she would say that?

Yes and her response was that it was "reasonable and justified because the foster carers are a threat". So she's said she thinks its reasonable to say something so mean to my daughter.
Reply 3
It annoyed me even more that she won't even apologise for saying it.
Your mother sounds insane.

Quick Reply

Latest