The Student Room Group

I'm scared to death I might have either motor neurons disease or MS

I know this is probably stupid asking questions on the internet about problems like this, but I'm a 16 year old boy and physically fit and healthy, however I have been experiencing leg twitches for weeks then last Monday I experience a burning feeling in the right arm then the next day, I felt as if I was losing grip on that arm then by the next day, I lost grip to some degree in both arms, but not majorly and they feel quite weak and tingly and i get pains and needles sort of feelings on my limbs. My legs feel pretty weak when going downstairs and my lower back, shoulders and neck vibrates or feels like it's shaking when I move them. I'm so scared 😭😭😭😭😭
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I know this is probably stupid asking questions on the internet about problems like this, but I'm a 16 year old boy and physically fit and healthy, however I have been experiencing leg twitches for weeks then last Monday I experience a burning feeling in the right arm then the next day, I felt as if I was losing grip on that arm then by the next day, I lost grip to some degree in both arms, but not majorly and they feel quite weak and tingly and i get pains and needles sort of feelings on my limbs. My legs feel pretty weak when going downstairs and my lower back, shoulders and neck vibrates or feels like it's shaking when I move them. I'm so scared 😭😭😭😭😭

I forgot to specify I get weird feelings on my fingers and feet where I get a sensation that a rubber hand is wrapped around my fingers and toes.
That doesn't sounds very good.
I recommend you booking an appointment with your gp and explaining the situation which they can diagnose.
However, if you feel scared and it's happening now, I would call 111 and ask for advice
deffo contact the doctor tomorrow. they get paid to help you and you’re better knowing if it’s something serious
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
deffo contact the doctor tomorrow. they get paid to help you and you’re better knowing if it’s something serious

Hi I have been to doctors and I got tested for loads and blood work came out fine, but blood sugars were higher than normal, however rhe doctor said that it is normal for those flaculations due to my age.
Reply 5
Original post by megathon360
That doesn't sounds very good.
I recommend you booking an appointment with your gp and explaining the situation which they can diagnose.
However, if you feel scared and it's hqappening now, I would call 111 and ask for advice

Thanks for the reply. I got blood work done and everything came out fine. Had high blood sugar, but docs said it is nothing to worry about as I'm young. To be honest, I think if it was MND or MS, I would've had more signs by now, but I've went through phases of using dr google since I was 10 years old and it seems to only happen every now and then, but when an episode starts, it can last for months.

Quick Reply

Latest