The Student Room Group

gcse eng

hey.so you get 15 minutes reading time . what do I do if i read it in 8 minutes what should I do with these rest of the time which would be useful for the exam
should I reread it for better understanding
reread it and make annotations. have a look through the exam questions and perhaps bullet point what you'd put in your answer.
Reply 2
There's no actual designated reading time so do whatever you're comfortable with. Personally, I read the questions, skimmed through the whole extract thing once over, noting things that immediately popped out, which took like 2 - 3 minutes and then went more thoroughly over the extract for whatever question I wanted to do first, for about 2 minutes if that.I usually answered the questions in order b/c that's how we did it in lessons and I thought my brain would be more used to that switch.
I'd say read it over once and then if you really don't understand go over it more slowly again, but if you're mildly sure, just do it on your second answering questions pass.
Reply 3
In those 15 minutes you don't just read the texts - you should first look through the questions in the paper, and then read the texts, annotating quotes that you might use later. My school always got us to write a couple of words or whatever at the end of each paragraph to sum up what was happening in it, so that you could find your way round the text / remind yourself of what happened in it without rereading the whole thing again.
Reply 4
Original post by absolutelysprout
reread it and make annotations. have a look through the exam questions and perhaps bullet point what you'd put in your answer.

are we allowed to start answeting the questions as soon as we done reading?
Reply 5
Original post by gee321

yeah there's no set reading time, its just a recommendation - you can do whatever
Original post by gee321

yes but i do recommend you read the text at least twice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending