The Student Room Group

A levels

Does everyone reckon AS grades will be able to be used as a route of appeal or not ?
Original post by User491
Does everyone reckon AS grades will be able to be used as a route of appeal or not ?

This is the case in Wales, but it's unlikely to be the case in England as most students don't sit AS levels.

Technically, you may be able to use AS levels as part of your evidence for a malpractice appeal, though.
Reply 2
Original post by SarcAndSpark
This is the case in Wales, but it's unlikely to be the case in England as most students don't sit AS levels.

Technically, you may be able to use AS levels as part of your evidence for a malpractice appeal, though.

I just had a thought that AS seem to Be the same concept as end of year mocks. I Don’t have any mocks this year so I’m just trying to work a way around it to be able to use my AS :frown:
Original post by User491
I just had a thought that AS seem to Be the same concept as end of year mocks. I Don’t have any mocks this year so I’m just trying to work a way around it to be able to use my AS :frown:

That's unfortunate.

I would wait and see what happens- you may not need to appeal anyway, and it's unlikely an appeal based on mocks would get you into uni for 2020 entry anyway. You have the option to retake if you want a better grade.
Reply 4
Original post by SarcAndSpark
That's unfortunate.

I would wait and see what happens- you may not need to appeal anyway, and it's unlikely an appeal based on mocks would get you into uni for 2020 entry anyway. You have the option to retake if you want a better grade.

Okay, thanks for your replies. Do you know If the mock idea is an additional route for appeal along with the others that were already in place or is this the only way that we can appeal now?
Original post by User491
Okay, thanks for your replies. Do you know If the mock idea is an additional route for appeal along with the others that were already in place or is this the only way that we can appeal now?

The mock appeals are an additional route.

Honestly, if you can appeal by a different route, it will probably be better! Although, it may end up being easier and cheaper just to retake!

There's a guide to appeals here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6602014

Quick Reply

Latest