The Student Room Group

Have your say: A* and A grades up by 2.4% from last year

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sweetiepie101
Yh but the A*s that some of the poor students from low achieving sixth forms were snatched by the increase of A*s given to the private schools & rich kids it’s not fair

that is unfortunate but students from sixth form etc, get lower grade requirments from univerities, so it does balance out in the end.
Original post by Sweetiepie101
Yh but the A*s that some of the poor students from low achieving sixth forms were snatched by the increase of A*s given to the private schools & rich kids it’s not fair

not all private school kids are rich kids. I know many other people who's families are more well off but choose to send their kids to state schools. My parents chose to sacrifice a better lifestyle so that I could get a better education.
Original post by royalty1702
not all private school kids are rich kids. I know many other people who's families are more well off but choose to send their kids to state schools. My parents chose to sacrifice a better lifestyle so that I could get a better education.

Yes they cna be there under scholarship which is paid for by rich kids or parents give up lots so their chilkd can attend.

The point is if its no better then why are people willing to pay tens of thousands for no actual advantage?
Original post by 999tigger
Yes they cna be there under scholarship which is paid for by rich kids or parents give up lots so their chilkd can attend.

The point is if its no better then why are people willing to pay tens of thousands for no actual advantage?

Yeah academics aren't everything but they a play a role in education. You wouldn't want to spend loads on a private school getting Cs and Ds

Quick Reply

Latest