The Student Room Group

Eduqas A-Level Biology Component 1 [7th June 2023] Exam Chat

Eduqas A-Level Biology Component 1 | 7th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: 7th June 2023 PM
Length: 2h

Link to Study Group:
A-Level Biology Study Group 2022-2023

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Does anyone do Eduqas lol
Original post by User_F1
Does anyone do Eduqas lol

Me! :smile:
Reply 3
Have your college made any predictions or anything my college is useless
Original post by TravelMasterA
Me! :smile:
Reply 4
just praying there’s not too much populations or i’ll actually start crying in the middle of the exam 💀💀
Reply 5
Anyone else worriedddd
Reply 6
Original post by User_F1
Anyone else worriedddd

me i’ve got geography tomo and i’ve been focusing on that 😭😭😭 just hope they don’t ask many synoptic questions to other components
Original post by User_F1
Anyone else worriedddd
im acc so scared, what resources have you been using to revise?
guys ive done zero revision bc ive been focusing on psych which sucks bc paper 1 is the only paper i have potential to do good on. ugh im so over a levels already
Reply 9
Original post by hirvatrivedi1
im acc so scared, what resources have you been using to revise?

Literally just my notes. Eduqas is so bad there is nothing to help I literally have to watch AQA videos :frown:
Reply 10
Original post by dadadeedadada
guys ive done zero revision bc ive been focusing on psych which sucks bc paper 1 is the only paper i have potential to do good on. ugh im so over a levels already

I am the EXACT same plus that psych paper 3 wasn't even worth the revision. Same tho I think this is the only one I can boost my grade with comp 2 is acc just a load of nonsense.
Reply 11

amen. psychology is my uni course so I completely focused on it as if I haven't been borderline failing biology all year and I need it for uni too, god im so done for
Reply 12
Original post by User_F1
I am the EXACT same plus that psych paper 3 wasn't even worth the revision. Same tho I think this is the only one I can boost my grade with comp 2 is acc just a load of nonsense.

due to lack of time I almost winged paper 1 psych so im forced to do the same for bio again, just gotta knock down revision for paper 2 and paper 3 (which wtf how does one even revise for general app) to boost my grade..
Original post by User_F1

no bc component 2 and 3 are so longgggg. cant believe idk any core concepts either this is acc embarassing lmao
Original post by juleeuh
amen. psychology is my uni course so I completely focused on it as if I haven't been borderline failing biology all year and I need it for uni too, god im so done for

legit i need to get at least a b in bio but um that really isn’t looking realistic rn
Reply 15
Original post by User_F1
Have your college made any predictions or anything my college is useless

my sixth form is rubbish too, printed us some notes and gave us the paper 3 text with no hints so I have not a single clue what to expect
Original post by juleeuh
my sixth form is rubbish too, printed us some notes and gave us the paper 3 text with no hints so I have not a single clue what to expect

oh my god same. istg why do they even bother picking eduqas as an exam board. there’s nothing anywhere to help us at all and the teachers are rubbish
Reply 17
oh my god same. istg why do they even bother picking eduqas as an exam board. there’s nothing anywhere to help us at all and the teachers are rubbish

right! all we have is PMT and save my exams (which when I use to revise is not even enough), my teacher said the textbook will results in no better than a D grade which I think is BONKERS that an exam board could even publish such a rubbish textbook that learning from will hardly give you a pass. how is that allowed? shouldn't it contain all the necessary high detail content we need? anyways, we got completely new bio teachers for year 13 which only know the AQA spec so not only did that put my year at a disadvantage but it changed the exam board in our school to AQA, great, missed it by just a year
Reply 18
I'm laughing because every comment is so relatable to me - lol I hope the grade boundaries are going to be lower because my whole college is not even doing well and its tomorrow ahahaha
Reply 19
Also praying the 9 marker is something nice. The 2021 one about respiration and photosynthesis was horrible.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending