The Student Room Group

Disappearing posts and weird orders?

Is anyone else experiencing their posts disappearing and the order that people’s posts come up in the thread are so weird? Like 2 mins ago will be above 3 hours ago sometimes? Or is that just me? 🧐
Nah not just you, on the app the quoted posts are appearing for me at the top-even before the actual start post. Very confusing!
Original post by GabiAbi84
Nah not just you, on the app the quoted posts are appearing for me at the top-even before the actual start post. Very confusing!

Ah thank god! It’s so annoying. It takes so long to figure what goes where 😂
Reply 3
must be a new bug

currently i can not edit posts on chrome, and cannot make use of the quick reply feature either meaning i have to first press preview post then start typing

this forum has so much bugs that i can't even bother to complain to them about it anymore.

sooner or later [probably sooner tbh] i'm just gonna pack up and leave and stop posting.
Just to say that the staff are aware of this. :yy:
Sunday night isn't usually the most likely time a fix will arrive as you can imagine! :redface:

Posts on the app appear to be displaying in order of join date of the user as far as I can tell. This shouldn't be happening and it will get fixed. :smile:
Original post by 04MR17
Just to say that the staff are aware of this. :yy:
Sunday night isn't usually the most likely time a fix will arrive as you can imagine! :redface:

Posts on the app appear to be displaying in order of join date of the user as far as I can tell. This shouldn't be happening and it will get fixed. :smile:

Ok, thanks so much for letting us know! :smile:
Original post by GabiAbi84

Yes I was writing a post and it took me quite a long time to write. I was unable to send so I cut and paste and put it into he reply. The reply went above the original post. So wrote a quick apology note. So I am gutted no idea where it went completely disappeared. So now if I writing something that is extensive, need to do other things will write in my e-mail inbox, or word and then go back and forth to insert links. I love links and it makes it easier for people to comprehend what you are trying to discuss.
Original post by Ambergris
Yes I was writing a post and it took me quite a long time to write. I was unable to send so I cut and paste and put it into he reply. The reply went above the original post. So wrote a quick apology note. So I am gutted no idea where it went completely disappeared. So now if I writing something that is extensive, need to do other things will write in my e-mail inbox, or word and then go back and forth to insert links. I love links and it makes it easier for people to comprehend what you are trying to discuss.

Was this recently?
The posts in this thread are from 2 years ago
Two years ago wow...

Yes taking too long to write them and having moderators check their suitability...

I typed in the google search together with what I want to have a moan about or discuss and landed on this page. I find that others don't and you get receptiveness in the question area or threads. I like to see if what I'd like to know is already out there in the Student Room Universe.

I find answering question very difficult because The Student Room student's don't state the syllabus or exam board. In addition they are looking to have the Coursework/NEA done for them and come here because they don't want to be penalised.

I think the opposite and feel the exam boards are causing unnecessary stress and cheating so try to put links which will aid them in working it out for themselves. It hard enough to pass "A" levels and you are fighting for every little mark to score an A* A level. I am doing "A " level English Language and Literature and frankly wish to do the English Literature coursework.
The grass is always greener!

Oddly though it was time consuming looking up the syllabus because there is a different emphasis and point objectives. Helping someone else helped me. I learnt about Focalization and Free indirect speech which will help with my Wuthering Heights.

Well that's my rant over with...perhaps hear from you and on

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending