The Student Room Group

What would be a good third subject for A level?

I’m thinking of taking
Maths
Economics
Sociology/psychology/geography
I would like to do either economics or accounting at uni, I’m not sure what would be a best third subject to complement these. If I am allowed to take four A-levels at school I would Like to take further maths. Which option would be best? Thanks in advance.
Original post by Helpmethanks221
I’m thinking of taking
Maths
Economics
Sociology/psychology/geography
I would like to do either economics or accounting at uni, I’m not sure what would be a best third subject to complement these. If I am allowed to take four A-levels at school I would Like to take further maths. Which option would be best? Thanks in advance.

Hey @Helpmethanks221!

Sociology, psychology and geography are all similar subjects in the style of questions that you will receive in the exam - some shorter answers and some essay based questions
So I would say looking at the subject from an academic view point you can gain the same skills from either subject - so doing the one you're interested in the most would be the best option as then you'll be interested to study it:smile:

I personally did psychology A-level and I found it really interesting - there are lots of case studies to know but I think that is the case with all three subjects

I hope this helps!
Eloise - Official Student Rep
furthermaths would be rlly good if u wanna apply to top unis i think...

Quick Reply

Latest