The Student Room Group

Finding a part time job?

Hi.

I am looking for a part-time job and was wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction? At the moment, I am 17, attending college and helping to care for elderly family members. This means that hours need to be very flexible. I was looking for things online, but equally don't mind working on a shop floor. I just need a job that'll pay for my car and allow me to treat myself every so often. I understand that things will be more difficult, given the current economic situation. I am just hoping that people might be able to point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
Reply 1
You can do tuitions like once a week for 2 hours and you can ask for anywhere between $10 - 50 depending on how good you are
Is there a McDonald’s hiring in your area? 60% of their workforce in under 21 and they’re also one of the top providers for first time jobs if you have no experience, so definitely check them out. Good luck x
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous17!
Is there a McDonald’s hiring in your area? 60% of their workforce in under 21 and they’re also one of the top providers for first time jobs if you have no experience, so definitely check them out. Good luck x

I have a few McDonald's about, not sure whether they're hiring at the moment though. I will keep my eye out for any job adverts!
Original post by summerhaze
I have a few McDonald's about, not sure whether they're hiring at the moment though. I will keep my eye out for any job adverts!

Go into heir website. Google McDonald’s careers and then press search for a job, you type in your area and then it comes up with jobs for you :smile: I just had two interviews with two different McDonald’s today and I’ve got a second interview with one of them. They’re really good, I hope they are hiring in your are
Try job sites like Indeed and LinkedIn as I've seen there are a few part time jobs near me so not sure about your area. I've seen quite a few places that do 4 hour contracts but offer more hours.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending