The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
heya guys! does anyone know when the earliest we can move in is? I need this information quite urgently - will I for example be able to move in for the night of the 30th of September? Thank you!

Contact your college if they have not already provided that information. The arrival date is before that for some colleges.
heya guys! does anyone know when the earliest we can move in is? I need this information quite urgently - will I for example be able to move in for the night of the 30th of September? Thank you!

Contact your college if they have not already provided that information. The arrival date is before that for some colleges.

Hi, #21. As #73 says all of that stuff is solely within the purview of the colleges. You will shortly get information from your college re moving in date for your course. You will be able to ask them re early moving in.
Original post by MangoGo
Received an email minutes ago, I have been place in summer pool.

Still in pool?
Hey guys, anyone know how they decide to put folks in the summer pool? I got put in the summer pool, I beat my offer in one subject, missed in the other by 4 marks. I know of a few people who just missed by a few marks who didn't even get pooled.

What's the acceptance rate out of the pool? Is it higher bcs they seem to not take in all near misses into the pool? Does how much you missed by only matter, or is it your whole application?
Original post by AnUnkownTeen
Hey guys, anyone know how they decide to put folks in the summer pool? I got put in the summer pool, I beat my offer in one subject, missed in the other by 4 marks. I know of a few people who just missed by a few marks who didn't even get pooled.

What's the acceptance rate out of the pool? Is it higher bcs they seem to not take in all near misses into the pool? Does how much you missed by only matter, or is it your whole application?

This was from @Peterhouse Admissions 3 years ago but i presume its still valid this year.

What are my chances?
Very roughly, working from previous years, and with approximate fractions:

Overall about 2 in 3 offer-holders with conditional offers meet their offer (3 out of 4 excluding maths where only about 50% meet their offer). Of those who miss the offer about 1 in 3 are relaxed (nearer 40% excluding maths). Of those not relaxed, about 1 in 5 are pooled (nearer 1 in 6 for maths). Summer Pool pick rates vary way too much to make any statement about - everything is case-by-case. Overall about 4 in 5 of our offer holders end up at Cambridge (5 in 6 excluding maths).
Why are so many posters in this thread anon...?
Original post by Doones
Why are so many posters in this thread anon...?

It’s been a growing trend across the site, many posters prefer to post behind anon.
Original post by Wired_1800
It’s been a growing trend across the site, many posters prefer to post behind anon.

Sad :frown:
Original post by Doones
Sad :frown:

:frown:
:frown:

I mean, it was all part of building a community in these threads - shared experiences and all that.
Oh well... plus ça change...
Original post by Doones
I mean, it was all part of building a community in these threads - shared experiences and all that.

I agree.
Original post by Doones

It is much worse on the Cambridge thread and Durham parent thread than elsewhere.The Oxford thread has remained mostly named and kids rather than parents.Oxford parents are also still named.
I agree.

Original post by Scotney
It is much worse on the Cambridge thread and Durham parent thread than elsewhere.The Oxford thread has remained mostly named and kids rather than parents.Oxford parents are also still named.

Just been reading the other Cam thread for parents... I bet "pushy parents" were a factor in their off-spring going anon.
Bruh this is so scary I keep on checking my emails and getting jumpscared by these random teams notifications

Latest

Trending

Trending