The Student Room Group

A-level french

I need some topics for my oral exam, i have to speak about a topic for 2 minutes and i’m struggling for ideas
What are you interested in? I can suggest lots of stuff but if it's not what you like, it won't be helpful!
Reply 2
Original post by becausethenight
What are you interested in? I can suggest lots of stuff but if it's not what you like, it won't be helpful!

I’m struggling to find specific things that i’m interested in if that makes sense...
Original post by bxcca_xox
I’m struggling to find specific things that i’m interested in if that makes sense...

Ah that makes sense - it often helps if you start with a general area and do your research, then narrow it down?
Have you ever been to France on holiday? If so, what did you do?
Is there a sport you like doing?
What topics/areas have been recommended by teachers?
I was recommended to do health topic, seeing as I wanted to study medicine, and so I chose diabulimia. I incorporated diabetes, lifestyle, mental health issues, and personal reasons for choosing this.

Are there any towns you have visited in France?
Is there a pressing news issue that you’ve been following to do with France?
Reply 6
I am French and I will start Year 13 next week.
I worked on French A Level on my side during last academic year and I received an official certificate in mid August saying I got an A+.
If you need help, don't hesitate.

Regarding the orals topics, I would advise you to choose « la laïcité » because it is a fundamental principle of the French republic - for example, you could mention how the principle applies in public schools.
Original post by S0FT
I am French and I will start Year 13 next week.
I worked on French A Level on my side during last academic year and I received an official certificate in mid August saying I got an A+.
If you need help, don't hesitate.

Regarding the orals topics, I would advise you to choose « la laïcité » because it is a fundamental principle of the French republic - for example, you could mention how the principle applies in public schools.

Very good recommendation. I actually talked about secularism a lot with the French assistants who thought it very strange we had to prayers and RE classes

Quick Reply

Latest