The Student Room Group

DBS

I have done everything thing I can for my DBS application but haven't heard any thing back from the university and I start the course in 3 weeks. If anyone has any advice or information about this topic I will be most grateful.
Original post by Eleanor Blinman
I have done everything thing I can for my DBS application but haven't heard any thing back from the university and I start the course in 3 weeks. If anyone has any advice or information about this topic I will be most grateful.

There's nothing you can do and there's almost certainly nothing the uni can do to speed up a DBS application. If you've moved house in the past 5 years (?) or lived in certain police areas, the checks can take an age. Nothing you can do about it. You will almost certainly be allowed to start Uni, but may not be able to start carrying out any protected activities (not usually an issue if the first few weeks). This happens all the time in schools etc, with people not being able to start employment for weeks because DBS checks don't come back - it used to be notorious if anyone had lived in the Thames Valley police area because they were so slow.

Quick Reply

Latest