The Student Room Group

Sixth Forms In South London

Hey I’m in yr11 now and I’ve been searching up sixth forms/ sixth form colleges I’d possible like to apply for. Does anyone have any recommendations for me. So far I’ve looked at Notbhry Manor and Saint Francis Xavier
I want to do graphics so I’ve looked at those 2 and:

Coulsdon sixth form college
Dunraven school
Shirley high
(edited 3 years ago)
:smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Hi I used to go to one of them schools and I think it’s not that bad the staff are generally nice but at the end of the day you gotta work hard as it’s your education but check out possibly oasis shirley park and Hayes sixth form they seem quite good
Original post by Hailey629
Hi I used to go to one of them schools and I think it’s not that bad the staff are generally nice but at the end of the day you gotta work hard as it’s your education but check out possibly oasis shirley park and Hayes sixth form they seem quite good

Hey which one did u go to. What a coincidence I’m in year 11 at oasis Shirley park 😅 but they don’t offer graphics so I can’t apply for it. I’ll check our Hayes sixth form.
I’m in year 10 so haven’t gone to any yet but Hayes is good does have a lot of options but on the gov.com website it’s rated below average. How would you say oasis is I have a few friends there one that goes to the sixth form right now I think and one in year 11 as well. Does everyone also go to the sixth form from oasis as I know they give only 10 spaces to the students outside of oasis and if people from oasis doesn’t apply then more space is opened up for other students
Honestly because of covid I haven’t been able to interact with people in other years and teachers that don’t teach me. However I know that the sixth form is rates good or outstanding (can’t remember which one) and is above average and has one of the top pass rates in south London sixth forms but for anything else u will have to ask ur friends from the sixth form.

Didn’t u say u used to go to one of the schools I mentioned in the message above ☝🏿
Yes I go to shirley high the teachers are nice and very helpful but not sure about sixth form overall. I would say go where you think you would enjoy and like and that would work for you as I know I think around 74% of the year 11s have chose shirley sixth form I think or 70%.
Original post by Hailey629
Yes I go to shirley high the teachers are nice and very helpful but not sure about sixth form overall. I would say go where you think you would enjoy and like and that would work for you as I know I think around 74% of the year 11s have chose shirley sixth form I think or 70%.

Okay thank you 😊Some have told me Shirley high isn’t that good 🤷🏿*♀️
Yeah the high school is not bad but my siblings went to the sixth form a few years back and didn’t like it but everyone’s different it’s your choice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending