The Student Room Group

Unfair Predicted grades

Hi, I'm in year 13 and I received my predicted grades recently. They didn't come out to be quite well (AAB), I was hoping to apply to Cambridge and imperial this year for engineering(aerospace), but now these grades don't even meet the requirements of any universities I applied to(EVEN Manchester). I've spoken to my head of year and access team, they say it's very unlikely to change because its be unfair and unreliable for those who already sent their ucas, and it’s based on how I’ve done in the past years. Although I’ve done reasonably well in GCSE(5A*s,3As and 2Bs) and was given AABB in my AS(could’ve done better if I actually got to do exam), I really don’t see why my predicted grades are same as my AS grade(dropped the B subject). I’m truly upset and feel out of luck of being treated such unfairly, and it cripples me to see some people getting A*s but got lower than me in AS. Is there any chance this could be turned around, so that I’m able to apply for my chosen unis?
Plus I go to a college, where a large number of students head to Oxbridge/other top unis every year.
Could you ask to resit mocks?
Reply 2
Original post by nafis lubdn
Hi, I'm in year 13 and I received my predicted grades recently. They didn't come out to be quite well (AAB), I was hoping to apply to Cambridge and imperial this year for engineering(aerospace), but now these grades don't even meet the requirements of any universities I applied to(EVEN Manchester). I've spoken to my head of year and access team, they say it's very unlikely to change because its be unfair and unreliable for those who already sent their ucas, and it’s based on how I’ve done in the past years. Although I’ve done reasonably well in GCSE(5A*s,3As and 2Bs) and was given AABB in my AS(could’ve done better if I actually got to do exam), I really don’t see why my predicted grades are same as my AS grade(dropped the B subject). I’m truly upset and feel out of luck of being treated such unfairly, and it cripples me to see some people getting A*s but got lower than me in AS. Is there any chance this could be turned around, so that I’m able to apply for my chosen unis?
Plus I go to a college, where a large number of students head to Oxbridge/other top unis every year.

Hey, you have almost a month to get them turned around if possible. If things don't change maybe re-apply next year with your actual grades if you think you will perform a lot better in the real exams.
This article might be of use: https://www.whatuni.com/advice/applying-to-uni/applying-to-uni-after-you-have-your-a-level-results/76409/

Hope I was of some help, good luck.
Reply 3
Original post by Ray3RE
Hey, you have almost a month to get them turned around if possible. If things don't change maybe re-apply next year with your actual grades if you think you will perform a lot better in the real exams.
This article might be of use: https://www.whatuni.com/advice/applying-to-uni/applying-to-uni-after-you-have-your-a-level-results/76409/

Hope I was of some help, good luck.

Is it possible that top unis like imperial will go through adjustment, given that I've achieved like 3A*s in my a levels(I'm saying this because this predicted grades are highly underrepresentative of my capability)
Reply 4
Is it possible that top unis like imperial will go through adjustment, given that I've achieved like 3A*s in my a levels(I'm saying this because this predicted grades are highly underrepresentative of my capability)

I think the policies on Clearing and Adjustment depend on the year and the course, but you would have less choices than applying through ordinary UCAS. Also you have some time to figure out whether to wait for Clearing, Adjustment or 2022 as you can't make those decisions til next year anyway.

Your predictions seem reasonable given your AS marks. Your college has a lot of experience with Oxbridge/top uni applicants and your teachers don't believe you are working at that level. Not yet, anyway. Yes, look at adjustment, but also prepare for a gap year if you are right about your own ability and the college is wrong.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending