The Student Room Group

Application declined because of low predicted grames

I recently submitted my UCAS application and unfortunately received a rejection from Queen Mary. The reason cited was my predicted grades, which stand at DDD, falling slightly below their entry requirements of D*D*D. Despite the close proximity. Is there any advice or action I can take to improve my chances or appeal the decision?
You can't really appeal it as it's an academic decision, (and if they reversed their position and made you an offer at DDD, that would be very unfair to every other candidate they'd rejected with the same profile).

Your best chance is to accept offers elsewhere and then see if they have anything available in clearing.
Original post by ghggh
I recently submitted my UCAS application and unfortunately received a rejection from Queen Mary. The reason cited was my predicted grades, which stand at DDD, falling slightly below their entry requirements of D*D*D. Despite the close proximity. Is there any advice or action I can take to improve my chances or appeal the decision?

Hello! 👋🏻

I would try to apply to different universities and maybe look at applying to that university during clearing if your heart is set on there❤️ During clearing grade boundaries are often lowered or you might do better than your predicted grade's. I would advise still applying to other universities so you have that as an option. I would work really hard to get the best grades possible and try again during clearing when you receive your grades! 📖 If you have any more questions feel free to reach out!

I hope this helps 😁

Hannah 🐄
De Montfort University Student Rep
Msc Psychological Wellbeing 🧠
You can ask them to reconsider but they might not.
Are you 100% sure you added your pending qualification as an extended diploma? Some applicants put a smaller qualification on their application.
Are you also 100% sure your referee entered the predicted grades you think they have?

Would you want to be considered for any similar courses with lower requirements?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending