The Student Room Group

What jobs can I have after a Chinese degree?

Except being a teacher and a translator? I am really struggling to pick my optional modules and I am stressing out as I am hearing people telling me that my degree is useless and that doing history modules is pointless. I have no idea what job it is that I want. I just know that I want a decent paying job.
Diplomat. White monkey jobs in China. Businessperson.
Depends on the degree. China has some pretty good Uni's.
Original post by Anonymous1502
Except being a teacher and a translator? I am really struggling to pick my optional modules and I am stressing out as I am hearing people telling me that my degree is useless and that doing history modules is pointless. I have no idea what job it is that I want. I just know that I want a decent paying job.

You need to develop an allied interest in something business wise eg HR, accounting, law, audit, or in politics/IR and then with a strong level of Chinese as well, you will find a lot of demand from businesses of all kinds, needing to work with China (assuming you are in the UK). It doesn't make you a translator per se, but it makes you the Junior accountant that has to be in on all the top meetings because of your language skills, so it can be a powerful combination.

What you have to do is look at these various business skills and work out which you just need some experience in, and which you need an additional qualification and plan your route.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending