The Student Room Group

A bit desperate to change my uni group for online sessions

Is it worth asking to move uni tutor groups? I’m dyslexic

I have some specific learning difficulties, I’m dyslexic. But I also suffer with severe anxiety. At the moment out masters is online. Anyway I joined a group that were super super talkative. They were sending so many messages I couldn’t read and process them and keep up I then couldn’t respond quick enough because someone else would reply or the convo would move on.

I’m super embarrassed. As this makes me look like I’m not interested at all but I am I just need some more time compared to others.

I contacted the tutor who did the groups and her response was try again on Monday which upset me because I was obviously struggling and they were way ahead of me ability wise. And it was a get on with it type of response.

My learning difficulty supervisor is also on holiday so never sent my report to the tutors so until I knew who my tutors were I couldn’t even email them.

I then had to speak to someone else from the disability team and tell them how overwhelming the group was for me and that they need to help me out.

I just want to move group with ability similar to mine
Is it worth me asking them to be more accommodating?
Is it worth asking to move uni tutor groups? I’m dyslexic

I have some specific learning difficulties, I’m dyslexic. But I also suffer with severe anxiety. At the moment out masters is online. Anyway I joined a group that were super super talkative. They were sending so many messages I couldn’t read and process them and keep up I then couldn’t respond quick enough because someone else would reply or the convo would move on.

I’m super embarrassed. As this makes me look like I’m not interested at all but I am I just need some more time compared to others.

I contacted the tutor who did the groups and her response was try again on Monday which upset me because I was obviously struggling and they were way ahead of me ability wise. And it was a get on with it type of response.

My learning difficulty supervisor is also on holiday so never sent my report to the tutors so until I knew who my tutors were I couldn’t even email them.

I then had to speak to someone else from the disability team and tell them how overwhelming the group was for me and that they need to help me out.

I just want to move group with ability similar to mine
Is it worth me asking them to be more accommodating?
Reply 2
I think changing groups will only serve to strengthen your anxiety. Are you getting help from your GP for it?
Original post by Pathway
I think changing groups will only serve to strengthen your anxiety. Are you getting help from your GP for it?

Yeah. The thing is ive not been too fussed with other groups I just can’t get a word in edgeways with this one
Reply 4
Original post by SS123456
Yeah. The thing is ive not been too fussed with other groups I just can’t get a word in edgeways with this one

Who's to say it'll change if you're able to change? What I'd do is to input even if it's a little delayed. Challenge yourself.
Original post by Pathway
Who's to say it'll change if you're able to change? What I'd do is to input even if it's a little delayed. Challenge yourself.

Hmmm maybe

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending