The Student Room Group

Natwest 2021 video interview

Scroll to see replies

Ahh I just received an rejection email from Natwest. I applied for the Finance Graduate Programme in London and submitted my video interviews on 26 September. Good luck with the rest of your application!
Hi, Couple of quick questions round the Video Interview stage. Did you have 2 mins to prepare for each question? Was it like "tell me a time when 'something' happend etc."? Or did they ask about current events too? Someone on the thread mentioned an email from natwest that contained info on the VI, i didnt get the email so could someone by any chance summarise the email they got? Any advice would be good. Thanks in advance and best of luck to everyone.
Original post by ada486
Hi, Couple of quick questions round the Video Interview stage. Did you have 2 mins to prepare for each question? Was it like "tell me a time when 'something' happend etc."? Or did they ask about current events too? Someone on the thread mentioned an email from natwest that contained info on the VI, i didnt get the email so could someone by any chance summarise the email they got? Any advice would be good. Thanks in advance and best of luck to everyone.

Yh they ask you strengths based questions like ‘why do you think you’re so much more entitled than everyone else that you think you can ask others what kinda questions came up on the interview’.

The only details are in the initial email inviting you to take online assessments. You probably already know this.
Reply 103
Original post by theone2498
Yh they ask you strengths based questions like ‘why do you think you’re so much more entitled than everyone else that you think you can ask others what kinda questions came up on the interview’.

The only details are in the initial email inviting you to take online assessments. You probably already know this.

She was only asking for some guidelines, not that deep for this level of rudeness.

You sound bitter over being rejected

I get the Natwest application process is tough and someone asking for questions is unfair but ada486 was just asking about guidelines to help him/her prepare for the VI. theone2498 response was completely out of line and not very helpful. For theone2498 I will refer you to 0le who said

"For the benefit of doubt, there is a practice question at the start which you can repeat many times. The practice question is always the same. Use this practice question to set your video up, lighting, etc.

There are then six questions and you cannot re-record your answers here or go back. You have a short period of time to prepare an answer and then a short period of time to record your answer. You don't immediately start the next question either. Once you finish the recording, your question will be automatically uploaded and a screen will show the upload progress. After the upload is completed, a new screen will then display and ask you if you are ready to start the next question- so you can gather your thoughts, compose yourself again and then do the next question.

Please note that the android app does not work in landscape mode. So bear that in mind when recording yourselves."

And additional note go the Natwest website and watch the videos the current graduates and recruitment team put up it should help understand what the company is looking for.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 106
Original post by chum4563
I get the Natwest application process is tough and someone asking for questions is unfair but theone2498 was just asking about guidelines to help him/her prepare for the VI. Your response was completely out of line and not very helpful. For theone2498 I will refer you to 0le who said

"For the benefit of doubt, there is a practice question at the start which you can repeat many times. The practice question is always the same. Use this practice question to set your video up, lighting, etc.

There are then six questions and you cannot re-record your answers here or go back. You have a short period of time to prepare an answer and then a short period of time to record your answer. You don't immediately start the next question either. Once you finish the recording, your question will be automatically uploaded and a screen will show the upload progress. After the upload is completed, a new screen will then display and ask you if you are ready to start the next question- so you can gather your thoughts, compose yourself again and then do the next question.

Please note that the android app does not work in landscape mode. So bear that in mind when recording yourselves."

And additional note go the Natwest website and watch the videos the current graduates and recruitment team put up it should help understand what the company is looking for.

It was the theone2498 that was being really rude. Ada48 was asking a harmless question.

Asking for questions I get that can be wrong but at the end of the day if you’re really against help in any form then you shouldn’t be in tsr.. because to an extent even the tips/help we get on here can be seen as unfair to people who are not on tsr.

Do you think there will be an AC? I think it will be over zoom if anything ?
Original post by jdona
It was the theone2498 that was being really rude. Ada48 was asking a harmless question.

Asking for questions I get that can be wrong but at the end of the day if you’re really against help in any form then you shouldn’t be in tsr.. because to an extent even the tips/help we get on here can be seen as unfair to people who are not on tsr.

Do you think there will be an AC? I think it will be over zoom if anything ?

Oh yeah, I got the usernames confused thanks for that. I think it depends on when and where the assessment centres are held: If the AC is held before April it is most likely held virtually after that it depends on government regulation and the infections rates. To be honest I do not know for us it is just waiting to see what Natwest instructs us.
(edited 3 years ago)
Guys, we're all trying our best here to secure a really good position, under difficult circumstances. Let's try and support each other, fairly, where we can and not resort to name calling or nasty/negative comments.
Hi,

Any suggestions on the VI guys? :smile:
Hey! Any tips? Thanks!
Original post by Scouselad96
Congratulations on passing VI!

Original post by Thanksinadvance1
Coutts Asset Management. Just got an email saying I’ve passed VI and shortlisting for AC however, spaces are limited so they can’t guarantee a place. Not sure if they’ve started AC’s for this yet though.

Hey! Would have an email address for them? I am trying to reach them to ask about my application. It's been almost a month now and I haven't heard back still.
Original post by p2-sankhla
Hey! Would have an email address for them? I am trying to reach them to ask about my application. It's been almost a month now and I haven't heard back still.

For NatWest - If you check the email they send you for the tests, they give you a link to FAQ's website and then in that page they give you a link to social media e.g. facebook and twitter and tell you to message on that for any questions. They dont give you an email i think. Best of luck
Original post by ada486
For NatWest - If you check the email they send you for the tests, they give you a link to FAQ's website and then in that page they give you a link to social media e.g. facebook and twitter and tell you to message on that for any questions. They dont give you an email i think. Best of luck

Ah perfect, thank you so much!!
these graduate schemes are joke fraud, dont apply to them
Reply 115
So I've been waiting several weeks and no reply yet. I think I did okay for the video recorded questions but not great.
Original post by 0le
So I've been waiting several weeks and no reply yet. I think I did okay for the video recorded questions but not great.

Same, tempted to email directly and ask for an update.
Reply 117
Original post by Scouselad96
Same, tempted to email directly and ask for an update.

Same. When did you submit your video interview questions and for which scheme?
I imagine everyone got the email today saying that the outcomes will be delayed. Has anyone's status changed on workday?
Original post by HeadHoncho44
I imagine everyone got the email today saying that the outcomes will be delayed. Has anyone's status changed on workday?

Havent got any email like that but got an email a few weeks back to say Ive passed their benchmark and they will be shortlisting for AC soon

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending