The Student Room Group

EPQ Ideas and how to word the title?

Hi, this is my first discussion I’ve done, I’ve just started my a-levels and I’m required to do an EPQ as-well.
I’m really unsure of what to I though about maybe on the suffragettes but I don’t really know how to word an arguable title? I want to avoid any kind of science-y topics as I much prefer English and history if you have any ideas for topics I could do it would be greatly appreciated,
thank you! <3
Hi, history student here who did a history EPQ :biggrin: Topic wise has to be totally up to you, although I can give you some ideas if you know what kind of history you like.
For picking a question, it needs to be something that can be argued either way. Maybe think about the kind of research you want to do and essay you want to write and build a question around that.
For example, the suffragettes is a great topic so let's go with that. If you say wanted to look at their more violent and dramatic methods of protest, you could ask if their violent methods were more effective or dismissive to the cause? Or you could compare them to suffragists, or other factors in the womens' suffrage movement. You could look at media portrayal if that's how you got interested in the topic
Original post by Clilly4
Hi, this is my first discussion I’ve done, I’ve just started my a-levels and I’m required to do an EPQ as-well.
I’m really unsure of what to I though about maybe on the suffragettes but I don’t really know how to word an arguable title? I want to avoid any kind of science-y topics as I much prefer English and history if you have any ideas for topics I could do it would be greatly appreciated,
thank you! <3

Usually they recommend that your title is a question.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending