The Student Room Group

Brunel Medical School A100 2021 and 2022 Entry

Hi there, thanks for checking out this thread. This is the 2022 Entry discussion for Brunel.

We're now onto the 2023 application cycle, you can find the 2023 thread here. Of course, you are still welcome to browse this thread as well, but please post in the 2023 one if you have questions about Brunel.
:biggrin:

I couldn't find a thread for Brunel medicine so I decided to create one.

Discuss here
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Do you know how many places they have available? The 200k fees is crazy!
Original post by EmilyQ

Brunel finally figured out a new side hustle lol
Reply 3
Original post by EmilyQ

60, I emailed the admissions officer to ask.
Reply 4
Original post by chri.sky
60, I emailed the admissions officer to ask.

Do you know how many they intend to interview? I think 500-600 will apply based on how many applied to Buckingham when they first opened.
Reply 5
Original post by EmilyQ
Do you know how many they intend to interview? I think 500-600 will apply based on how many applied to Buckingham when they first opened.

As it is not accredited by GMC, are they tied up with any other university to award MBBS degree (as backup), just in case if accreditation doesn't happen by the time 1st cohort finishes.
Just a thought ??
Original post by kathuria
As it is not accredited by GMC, are they tied up with any other university to award MBBS degree (as backup), just in case if accreditation doesn't happen by the time 1st cohort finishes.
Just a thought ??

They're contingency plan is with Buckingham.
All new medical schools in the UK are required to have a contingency plan.
Reply 7
Original post by kathuria
Just a thought ??

How do you know they are not accredited by GMS? That makes no sense, how are they offering clinical placements if not accredited.
Reply 8
Original post by EmilyQ
How do you know they are not accredited by GMS? That makes no sense, how are they offering clinical placements if not accredited.

They haven't been accredited yet. New medicals schools do not receive accreditation until the first cohort graduates.
Reply 9
they have a contingency school which is buckingham
thats how they can offer a degree, every new medical schools has to have one I think
Reply 11
Sounds a bit risky for a £200,000 degree!
Original post by EmilyQ
Sounds a bit risky for a £200,000 degree!

You're going to get a GMC accredited degree no matter what at the end of your study though.
btw are eu students considered as international for 2021 entry or does that start only for the 2021 application cycle?
Im sorry, I dint notice that
thank you
Reply 15
Has anyone applied yet? Do we really need to upload a CV?
Original post by EmilyQ
Has anyone applied yet? Do we really need to upload a CV?

I've applied already. I uploaded my CV, but skipped manually filling out the work experience as everything they require is on the CV. If you don't want to upload one, then manually fill it out.
Reply 17
Does anyone know when we can expect to hear back once application submitted?
Did anyone receive any interview offers?
Just called admission office today, and they told me everyone will heard back VERY SHORTLY

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending