M69___
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hey guys. So I have a bit of a issue. When I was in Year 9 i wanted to be a Lawyer so I chose, Religion Studies,Psychology,History,Music ,and Spanish. But now I'm in Year 11 and I'm more interested in the field of Computing [ like programming ,coding etc, ]. I want to be a programmer now but I think i chose the wrong options. What do i do now? Can i teach myself to code and study a coding course in uni without a ict or comupter science gcse?
Anon12345678987
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by M69___)
Hey guys. So I have a bit of a issue. When I was in Year 9 i wanted to be a Lawyer so I chose, Religion Studies,Psychology,History,Music ,and Spanish. But now I'm in Year 11 and I'm more interested in the field of Computing [ like programming ,coding etc, ]. I want to be a programmer now but I think i chose the wrong options. What do i do now? Can i teach myself to code and study a coding course in uni without a ict or comupter science gcse?
Hello,
If you are planning on doing a degree such as computer science or whatnot, it is preferred for students to study computer science and/or maths for Alevels. You will have to check with universities and see what they require for your desired degree, however, they mainly require specific a level subjects, not GCSEs. After checking the required subjects, you should check with the college/sixth form you’re planning on going to and see if you are able to study computer science without computing gcse. (I believe that if you achieve a good maths grade, they’ll allow you to study computer science (that is, if computer science is needed for the uni you want to attend and you want to study it for a levels))

I apologise if this sounds confusing. Do let me know if you want me to clarify anything again.
M69___
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Anon12345678987)
Hello,
If you are planning on doing a degree such as computer science or whatnot, it is preferred for students to study computer science and/or maths for Alevels. You will have to check with universities and see what they require for your desired degree, however, they mainly require specific a level subjects, not GCSEs. After checking the required subjects, you should check with the college/sixth form you’re planning on going to and see if you are able to study computer science without computing gcse. (I believe that if you achieve a good maths grade, they’ll allow you to study computer science (that is, if computer science is needed for the uni you want to attend and you want to study it for a levels))

I apologise if this sounds confusing. Do let me know if you want me to clarify anything again.
Ok, Thank you for the help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (143)
62.17%
I don't have everything I need (87)
37.83%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed