The Student Room Group

greenhead college entry requirments

hello, I'm in year 11 and wish to attend greenhead for my a levels, but am just concerned whether or not ill be accepted as i don't attend a feeder school and my predicted grades aren't the best.

i'd like to study; Lit, history and spanish

my current predicted grades are;
English lang - 9
English lit - 8
Science - 8/8
Art - 7
Geography - 7
CompSci - 6
Maths - 6

just wondering what current (non-feeder) students achieved in their GCSEs as I've been told its very selective and their minimum entry requirements seem unfeasibly low.
Hey!
Firstly well done on those predicted grades.
I'm currently in year 13 at Greenhead College and I didn't come from a feeder school.
My achieved grades were: A*9986666555.
They do tend to let people in who achieve the minimum entry requirements so I wouldn't be too worried as you do meet these.
Also they do sometimes let people in when their actual grades are slightly lower than the minimum entry requirements and minimum subject requirements (Excluding maths and English at a pass which is non-negotiable) if they had good predicted grades.
I can't guarantee anything but I think you have a pretty good chance at getting in. Good luck :smile:
If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.
Original post by AngelFever
Hey!
Firstly well done on those predicted grades.
I'm currently in year 13 at Greenhead College and I didn't come from a feeder school.
My achieved grades were: A*9986666555.
They do tend to let people in who achieve the minimum entry requirements so I wouldn't be too worried as you do meet these.
Also they do sometimes let people in when their actual grades are slightly lower than the minimum entry requirements and minimum subject requirements (Excluding maths and English at a pass which is non-negotiable) if they had good predicted grades.
I can't guarantee anything but I think you have a pretty good chance at getting in. Good luck :smile:
If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Hi!
i was just wondering do you think i will be able to get in? I’m from a non feeder school and i want to do lit, philosophy, classics

My predicted grades are as follows

English language 6
English literature 6
Maths 6
French 6
Geography 7
Psychology (Dont have one yet but the mocks i did in year 9 i got a 7 and on recent assessment a 9)
Im so nervous but i’m desperate to go there.
Original post by daisy8321
Hi!
i was just wondering do you think i will be able to get in? I’m from a non feeder school and i want to do lit, philosophy, classics

English language 6
English literature 6
Maths 6
French 6
Geography 7
Psychology (Dont have one yet but the mocks i did in year 9 i got a 7 and on recent assessment a 9)

Of course u will get in
Original post by daisy8321
Hi!

English language 6
English literature 6
Maths 6
French 6
Geography 7

Did you get in?

Quick Reply

Latest