The Student Room Group

DWP work coaches (North West - Cheshire)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hey2000
Just out of interest- what does your portal say now?

Just says they preparing formal offer. I received email for conditional offer yes so I'm just waiting for the portal to change to formal offer
Original post by adetayo_tp
Just says they preparing formal offer. I received email for conditional offer yes so I'm just waiting for the portal to change to formal offer

Mine currently says this:

We are currently updating your application. You will soon be contacted with your formal offer.

But I wonder how long it’ll say that? Could be in for a long wait I fear 😬
Original post by Hey2000
Mine currently says this:

We are currently updating your application. You will soon be contacted with your formal offer.

But I wonder how long it’ll say that? Could be in for a long wait I fear 😬

Same thing mine says as well

I guess it's just a waiting game. Have you been allocated?
Same thing mine says as well

I guess it's just a waiting game. Have you been allocated?

No - heard absolutely nothing! This is for Mercia. Tried to get it out of the chat service but they wouldn’t say anything... he did say even if you are allocated a job centre a reserve place is still a possibility. Eeek!
Oh damn! I hope you get a call soon. I don't think mercia has done any allocation. I got allocated for Staffordshire.
Oh damn! I hope you get a call soon. I don't think mercia has done any allocation. I got allocated for Staffordshire.

Thank you me too. How long ago was your phone call? Have you been waiting a while?
I had an initial phone call early October. Then I had the latest on Saturday and another on Monday
Original post by Hey2000
Thank you me too. How long ago was your phone call? Have you been waiting a while?
How is everyone getting on with their Cheshire application progress? I'm still at the pre employment check stage although my references have all responded. Anyone got any location offers yet?
Original post by Deutsch87
How is everyone getting on with their Cheshire application progress? I'm still at the pre employment check stage although my references have all responded. Anyone got any location offers yet?

Hello I submitted checks on the 13th but still on pre employment check stage, spoke to live chat yesterday and he said it could now take 25+ days to complete, just going to hang on waiting

Unfortunately no progress since the provisional offer. My checks completed at the end of September and my status still says:
We shall be in contact with you shortly to let you know the next stage of the recruitment process.
Reply 30

Hey, I’m in the same position. All references have been contacted but no sign of location allocation yet. Rang DWP, they didn’t give much indication when it would be all completed.
Ok, so I used the chat function to ask about Cheshire and Merseyside. She confirmed that my checks completed at the end of September, and they are still waiting for DWP to send confirmation to sscl of start dates and placements. If we are to be placed on reserve we will be advised via email when they know.
Reply 32
Original post by Hey2000
Ok, so I used the chat function to ask about Cheshire and Merseyside. She confirmed that my checks completed at the end of September, and they are still waiting for DWP to send confirmation to sscl of start dates and placements. If we are to be placed on reserve we will be advised via email when they know.

Thanks for this :smile: I had an email saying my checks had been done. Rang DWP and they didn’t give much time scale when I rang them. When I spoke to someone last week she did say you normally get a formal offer two weeks after your checks have been completed.
Original post by EvanneTomo
Thanks for this :smile: I had an email saying my checks had been done. Rang DWP and they didn’t give much time scale when I rang them. When I spoke to someone last week she did say you normally get a formal offer two weeks after your checks have been completed.

I think they haven’t looked at the area at all yet for September applicants- it looks like they are waiting for DWP to allocate so the applications are with them. Unfortunately a massive waiting game.
Reply 34
Original post by Hey2000
I think they haven’t looked at the area at all yet for September applicants- it looks like they are waiting for DWP to allocate so the applications are with them. Unfortunately a massive waiting game.

It’s so annoying as they obviously need the help at the moment but they can’t get people started quick enough it seems.
Any movement for anyone?
Original post by Hey2000
Any movement for anyone?

Nothing yet for me, still at pre employment checks which were submitted on the 13th of Oct
Reply 37
Anyone had there start date yet?
Nothing to report. Pre-employment checks form submitted 3 weeks plus 1 day ago. My references and countersignatory all responded nearly 2 weeks ago.
My portal just updated for Cheshire to this:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending