The Student Room Group

DWP work coaches (North West - Cheshire)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CurbYour
That’s good. It’s anyone’s guess I’m afraid.
I haven’t heard anything from my Cheshire application. I’m a Sep applicant. Hope we hear something soon! :confused:

Ah ok, I'm a September applicant too. I guess I'm not the only one still waiting for Cheshire then. I hope we hear soon! The wait has been so frustrating :frown:
I got offered one of my other location choices today, which I’m going for!
I can’t risk waiting for Cheshire unfortunately.

Good luck!!

Good luck!!

That's great news, good luck with it!!
Original post by livmc2020
That's great news, good luck with it!!

Thanks!

Good luck!!

So happy for you!! Well done!
Hello Cheshire people.
One last shout out - has anyone heard anything about Macclesfield at any point during this? No one has mentioned it.
It was my only Cheshire choice.
I have just received the reserve list email! So disappointed, I’m on reserve till 31st of March 2021
Original post by Howdy100
I have just received the reserve list email! So disappointed, I’m on reserve till 31st of March 2021

Hi, I just received the same email for Cheshire. So frustrating how they've kept us waiting all this time only to be told that. Not happy about this whole process :frown:
So sorry to hear!
I also received it for my Cheshire application.

Livm, were you Sep too?
So sorry to hear!
I also received it for my Cheshire application.

Livm, were you Sep too?

Yes I was September too. Just saw your message above about Macclesfield, that was my first choice too. Not seen anyone on any thread mention it so I wonder whether they've even had any new starters there, or perhaps not many
Reply 90
Hi, ive just discovered this group, having been on the main one. I am a Cheshire Sept applicant. Last Friday, i finally got the call saying start 8th March at Chester. My first choice. Followed up by email confirmation on the following Monday. On the 8th, meet my manager, pick up my 'IT' and then home working/training. 14 others are due to start with me that day.

Then just to sum up how appalling this process has been i got a 'you are on reserve' message from DWP' on Weds. Looks like it was an error as my offer still stands but talk about left hand and right hand not in sync!!

Anyway, good luck and hope you get your call soon.
Original post by RichMog
Hi, ive just discovered this group, having been on the main one. I am a Cheshire Sept applicant. Last Friday, i finally got the call saying start 8th March at Chester. My first choice. Followed up by email confirmation on the following Monday. On the 8th, meet my manager, pick up my 'IT' and then home working/training. 14 others are due to start with me that day.

Then just to sum up how appalling this process has been i got a 'you are on reserve' message from DWP' on Weds. Looks like it was an error as my offer still stands but talk about left hand and right hand not in sync!!

Anyway, good luck and hope you get your call soon.

Hi glad you got it in the end!! So much of it is automated... but bet your heart stopped when that came through!!
I start on same day but for Derbyshire/staffs, just waiting to hear the logistics.

14, wow!
Did they say why had taken so long to hear anything?
Great to discover this group .Congrats to all of you who got the offer.Is it true that North West is far behind others ?They are still allocating September candidates?i am a December applicant and I received a reserve list email on Wednesday just after submitting my PECs .some are telling me it could be an error and some are of the opinion that they are holding up recruitment in northwest and letting it go slowly .Not sure what’s happening.I am from Manchester area.Wpuld be great to know how others in the area are getting along.
I just had the email!!! They are going to phone me today to offer me a role!! :smile: it was from a Matthew smith in Cheshire, has anyone else had this email?
Wow! Congratulations - finally!
No! Oooh! Keep us posted!
Reply 95
I just had the email!!! They are going to phone me today to offer me a role!! :smile: it was from a Matthew smith in Cheshire, has anyone else had this email?

Hi,
congratulations. My person was Laura Hale,Business Support | Department for Work and Pensions | Work Services Directorate - Cheshire District | Chester Jobcentre. What were your preferences?
Original post by RichMog
Hi,
congratulations. My person was Laura Hale,Business Support | Department for Work and Pensions | Work Services Directorate - Cheshire District | Chester Jobcentre. What were your preferences?

My choices were Winsford, Northwich, Crewe, Chester, Warrington, it looks like I will be at Chester though, but they have said I will be working from home until a space is available, how about you?
Reply 97
My choices were Winsford, Northwich, Crewe, Chester, Warrington, it looks like I will be at Chester though, but they have said I will be working from home until a space is available, how about you?

I'm Chester as well (1st choice). Start 8th March. Likewise, home working. Think she mentioned they were looking for other premises in Chester for the newbies. 14 due to start on the 8th March. Are you starting on the 8th then ?
Original post by RichMog
I'm Chester as well (1st choice). Start 8th March. Likewise, home working. Think she mentioned they were looking for other premises in Chester for the newbies. 14 due to start on the 8th March. Are you starting on the 8th then ?

Well in usual DWP style I didn’t receive a phone call! :smile: but I did have to confirm before 12pm on the 1st of Feb so I might hear mon/tue or next month :smile:
I’m in a tricky position though because I’m currently working from home for a company in the JETS program and enjoying and it’s permanent, so I just don’t know if going to the DWP is the right move!
Hi all

Anybody from Manchester area recieved a call or offer?thnx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending