The Student Room Group

Manchester vs Nottingham for MSc Economics

Any thoughts on which to choose?

Thanks!
I'm thinking the same, along with Bristol and Edinburgh. I think generally Nottingham is considered the best for postgrad after the elite ones (Oxbridge, LSE, UCL and Warwick).
Manchester is much better in terms of reputation in industry & academic diversity.
Nottingham is good, but not quite as good as Manchester. I would rank Notts just below Manchester.
Original post by Houhouhin Kyouma
Manchester is much better in terms of reputation in industry & academic diversity.
Nottingham is good, but not quite as good as Manchester. I would rank Notts just below Manchester.

I think if we're specifically talking about the MSc Economics course, it's better at Nottingham. However generally in the UK, Nottingham is roughly equal to Manchester but Manchester has a better brand internationally. Not quite sure how important academic diversity is if we're only there for one year.

Perhaps the answer is go to Nottingham if you're from the UK but go to Manchester if you're an international student.
Original post by BenRyan99
I think if we're specifically talking about the MSc Economics course, it's better at Nottingham. However generally in the UK, Nottingham is roughly equal to Manchester but Manchester has a better brand internationally. Not quite sure how important academic diversity is if we're only there for one year.

Perhaps the answer is go to Nottingham if you're from the UK but go to Manchester if you're an international student.

My answer was in light of the economics departments at these unis.
Faculty at manchester has published more frequently in top journals than Nottingham.
Further, look at what masters students do after their MSc at these institutions and compare them. To that extent, even compare their JMCs.
Atm, Manchester > Nottingham

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending