The Student Room Group

Is this a red flag?

I have been texting with this girl and she keeps asking if she said something wrong when I do not reply to a final texts after a convo, and whether she was boring me of something. Idk it just feels a bit wired. Is this a red flag?
no she must just be really insecure and maybe something happened to her before which made her concious so i think she just needs reassurance
Reply 2
Original post by hollie1928
no she must just be really insecure and maybe something happened to her before which made her concious so i think she just needs reassurance

Right, this all thing is making me a bit uncomfortable but I can see this point of view.
No.
It's a yellow light.
She may be anxious, have self-esteem issues or be fearful of being aired/ghosted.
Original post by Anonymous
Right, this all thing is making me a bit uncomfortable but I can see this point of view.

i think you need to help her improve her self-doubt and if you arent willing to do that then you need to reflect on yourself because she could probably do better with someone who is willing to give her the reassurance she needs
Reply 5
Original post by londonmyst
No.
It's a yellow light.
She may be anxious, have self-esteem issues or be fearful of being aired/ghosted.

I see, that makes sense. Thank you.
Reply 6
Original post by hollie1928
i think you need to help her improve her self-doubt and if you arent willing to do that then you need to reflect on yourself because she could probably do better with someone who is willing to give her the reassurance she needs

Seems reasonable. Thanks
I have been texting with this girl and she keeps asking if she said something wrong when I do not reply to a final texts after a convo, and whether she was boring me of something. Idk it just feels a bit wired. Is this a red flag?

That’s not a red flag. She appears to be keen on you and don't want to upset you.
Reply 8
Original post by Wired_1800
That’s not a red flag. She appears to be keen on you and don't want to upset you.

Ok, it's because she said she had some mental heath issues in the past and I don't feel particularly comfortable. I'll consider a polite way to end texting with her gradually then.
Reply 9
Ok, it's because she said she had some mental heath issues in the past and I don't feel particularly comfortable. I'll consider a polite way to end texting with her gradually then.

Yeah, I think that's the answer. Just avoid ending the convo abruptly.
Original post by Joel 96
Yeah, I think that's the answer. Just avoid ending the convo abruptly.

Ok great thanks.

I mean it's great to consider someone else's feelings but you have to prioritise your own.

If she's got abandonment issues because of past experiences, you just need to reassure her that you aren't ending it because you dislike her or she's done anything wrong. It't the uncertainty or not knowing why someone decides to fail on you.

Do you think she is unstable? I don't know why you want to end what appears to be a normal relationship. Many people have MH issues.
Do you think she is unstable? I don't know why you want to end what appears to be a normal relationship. Many people have MH issues.

I do not think so, at least from from I could understand. I am not in relationship with such person.
I do not think so, at least from from I could understand. I am not in relationship with such person.

Ok. I think you should do what makes you feel comfortable, but be careful with how you extract her from your life. If she has bad MH issues, she may hurt herself.
Ok. I think you should do what makes you feel comfortable, but be careful with how you extract her from your life. If she has bad MH issues, she may hurt herself.

I will do my best. Thanks for the advice. She does not seem unstable nonetheless, and she said that she had MH in the past, not now.
Original post by londonmyst
No.
It's a yellow light.

She actually snapped me again asking me the same thing....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending