The Student Room Group

Civil Service - HSE application

Hi,

I applied for a role in HSE "Regulatory Scientists Health and Safety Executive Grade: Band 5/SO (through-graded to B4/HSO)" with a closing date back in August and the start date is January 2021. I completed the online assessments and tasks and have also completed an interview.

My interview was back in September and the last interview slots were around mid October. Now we're getting well into November and I have yet to hear anything back after the interview. Should I email? The online portal hasn't updated and is still reading "interview slot booked".

It's quite a big recruitment drive so I understand a lot of deliberating on decisions but I am wondering if there is anyone else out there in the same position?

Advice would be much appreciated! Thank you
Reply 1
Original post by katie_96s
Hi,

I applied for a role in HSE "Regulatory Scientists Health and Safety Executive Grade: Band 5/SO (through-graded to B4/HSO)" with a closing date back in August and the start date is January 2021. I completed the online assessments and tasks and have also completed an interview.

My interview was back in September and the last interview slots were around mid October. Now we're getting well into November and I have yet to hear anything back after the interview. Should I email? The online portal hasn't updated and is still reading "interview slot booked".

It's quite a big recruitment drive so I understand a lot of deliberating on decisions but I am wondering if there is anyone else out there in the same position?

Advice would be much appreciated! Thank you

Hi,

I'm in the same boat as you and just came across this thread. I sent HSE an email last week asking when we would find out and they responded with this:
" Thank you for your e-mail. We apologise for the delay.
The results from this campaign are currently being finalised and we are endeavouring to get the results out as soon as possible."
I think the civil service usually get back to all job applicants at the same time (succesful or not) so I wouldn't worry about the wait. Hopefully they get back to us soon.

Good luck with the job.
Reply 2
Thank you both for your responses!
I had followed up and received a similar email which puts me a little more at ease

Best of luck to you too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending