The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy,Personal statement

so im writing my personal statement, and im not sure how to go about it. ive done my bronze and silver dofe and ncs. ive always loved sports such as football,cricket,karkate and athletics, but i need to make my personal statement a wow-factor, and i dont know how to do that without just talking about my extracurricular ive done. i have only done library volunteering and thats about it. im doing BTEC Applied Science btw. and i did GCSE PE in yr 11,
Hello

Concentrate on your transferable skills. As far as possible discuss things like teamwork etc on your personal statement too. Mention some specific examples and list real life situations as well to demonstrate to potential employers you are truly a well rounded person. Also explain rather briefly the volunteering at the library job and how it helped you develop your skills further. For instance you could aim to describe your time keeping skills along with other very important skills like oral communication, research and commitment too. Type your entire statement up in black.
And do remember to focus more on the benefits of teamwork and so on. Give a snappy outline of the volunteering job in question and then provide a limited snippet of information on tasks you had to do. Talk about your school experience. Spend some time thinking about any outside hobbies which you have and how they can be used to show that you are a all rounder. Try to convey your interest and passion as far as possible additionally.

To further demonstrate your strong teamwork skills, pick out more examples. Add in facts about your Duke of Edinburgh award and what happened. Consider any useful skills gained as a result. For instance did you take part in a few different activities during which you had to show consistently your sense of team spirit or communication. Those are good skills to possess.

I hope this is useful to you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending