The Student Room Group

Student finance loan application was rejected can I appeal

ive been rejected student loan because apparently i have a break in my residency status in (1st of September 2017 to 8oct 2018
during this time I made application for indefinitely to remain have been in since in UK for 14yrs .I was granted discretionary leave to remain, 16th of February 2011, was married to British citizen I was facing a lot domestic abuse which made separate from my husband beating and raping me sometimes whenis drunk, which remind of me being abuse as child in past because rape at age of 12, I was move homeless 2016 after separated from my husband, I was hairdressers then I couldn't couldn't cope with my work I was so depressed, me and husband was separated i start to drink every day 😢 but still seen my husband because I love him at time ,my husband to work with home office as case worker before he died we made application for (LTR) 6th April a day to my visa expired because off money problems and my mental illness don't really know what i was doing Lossing my sense i have been on depression tablets since 2016 , my application was rejected 4th of August 2017 was rejected because I filled wrong application form its was send back to me saying its wrong application and sayiing i should re apply for valid applications my husband was seriously ill at the time. so I contacted immigration lawyers so i don't make another mistakes 29th of August 2017 solicitor made another application which immigration reply and said it take
6months i live council house on benefit ESA since oct 2016 living lawfully in uk since 16th of February 2011 and I have never travelled any outside uk though I have criminal record due my mental illness drinking problems but I have not been to prison sometime i do things I can't remember , lost husband 2yrs ago but we are married still die at my application was in home office due to husband death i become a dunker as am written this my heart is heavy I have probation due argument between me and my neighbour she called me black monkey that I should return to my country thats all i remember I don't know how got into police station my application was with home office due that I wasn't qualified for indefinitely to remain but I was granted discretionary leave i was mental ill that I have been found sleeping 😴 the street many occasions got support by women project Sheffield with my sickness and anxiety disorder my gb helped im still on medication for anxiety and depression together women project Sheffield
helped me and tell to think of something good i like to do this that will change my life 😀 this why apply for university my God mother helped me when I was applying for university, unfortunately my God mother passed away from covid 19 this year 😥 my depression increased but I'm university now I was so happy I have passed my first assignment in university unfortunately 😔 my student finance loan application was rejected 🙃 as was I written now I havnt sleep 🙃 crying my eyes out i don't want stop university it's my happiness I want do masters if can and change my what I can do can apeal I have reading online messages about student finance loan rejection

9years lawfully I have. Live uk
on basis that i have lived in the UK for 9 years lawfully which home office recognised

why i was granted When student finance carried out the home office checks to find out my residency status for 1st 2017 to October 9th home office failed to mention about the that i made wrong application form and told me re apply whiche i did on time another application was sent 29th August 2017.i made an out of time application 2017
SFE are going off what the home office said i will have to make an application before expired date I cant believe this has happened as i am eligible for student finance. i might have to get a solicitor involved which will cost me more money. Any advice will be appreciated ?Although i have been living in the UK lawfully, the requirement on the gov website stated that to apply for student finance there should be no restriction on your residency status which i have met and you must be an ordinary resident for the 3 years before the start of your course ?? I havnt even been out of the country since i came to England in 2006....? and i think SFE should have asked the home office what basis my leave to remain was granted on as it was because i had lived in the UK legally for 9years. It's not easy to passed my first assignment took 7day reading typing I'm so gutted . And said
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending