The Student Room Group

I can do art AS level without GCSE art?

I need to write my college application and i have a problem. I want to do 4 A levels, my teacher told me that i need to drop one at second year so i decided yo drop art and make it only a AS level. Here is the problem, i didnt take GCSE art so, i can still do Art AS level without GCSE? Also, the college i am appliying is Xaverian so of someone answer me it will be thankfull.
Reply 1
Original post by Mk D
I need to write my college application and i have a problem. I want to do 4 A levels, my teacher told me that i need to drop one at second year so i decided yo drop art and make it only a AS level. Here is the problem, i didnt take GCSE art so, i can still do Art AS level without GCSE? Also, the college i am appliying is Xaverian so of someone answer me it will be thankfull.

Hi, it is the decision of the college your are applying to, contact them and ask :smile:
Original post by Mk D

Yeah it’s up to the collage, however Art is pretty time consuming even at as level, I would assume it would be harder if you’re not used to it from GCSE. I’m not trying to put you off, but if you’re not planning on doing anything vaguely related to art after collage it may not be worth it for you. I know it sounds like a nice as level to do, but you may end up resenting it is just so time consuming. Just my thoughts though, I’m sure you know your own abilities! Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest