The Student Room Group

What should I pick for my GCSE’s

Hey so I just entered year 9 and I’m having trouble picking my gcse subjects. I was just going to go for English,maths,triple science,geography,re( it’s compulsory), art and computer science. However I have been told by many people that doing art and computer science would be too stressful as they both have a lot of work and that doing art GCSEs will ruin the subject for me. But if I get rid of one of them I don’t know any other subjects I would like and I wouldn’t know which one to get rid of. PLEASE HELP😬
heya lovely, personally having taken Art gcse i can confidently say it does take up a big portion of your time, however if you are an artist who can get their work done quick and up to good quality, i wouldn't worry too much about it. if you want to do something that you feel you would take forward as an a level i would recommend computer science as it will give you an insight to the foundations of a level computer science, which you could very well excel in if its what you enjoy. the same mindset can be applied to art, as art a level is really just a continuation of what you have learnt from gcse however you definitely get more independence in your work should that be something you enjoy. ---- what do you enjoy more?
Reply 2
Original post by fatimaxali7863
heya lovely, personally having taken Art gcse i can confidently say it does take up a big portion of your time, however if you are an artist who can get their work done quick and up to good quality, i wouldn't worry too much about it. if you want to do something that you feel you would take forward as an a level i would recommend computer science as it will give you an insight to the foundations of a level computer science, which you could very well excel in if its what you enjoy. the same mindset can be applied to art, as art a level is really just a continuation of what you have learnt from gcse however you definitely get more independence in your work should that be something you enjoy. ---- what do you enjoy more?

Thanks soo much for the advice it really helps

Quick Reply

Latest