The Student Room Group

A level chemistry and biology

I’m in year 11 and I’m doing combined science I got 6-6 in my mock exams. I enjoy some of chemistry like the practicals. I find chemistry quite interesting but I don’t know if I want to do it in a level. Same with biology, I find it interesting but I’m not sure if I want to do it in a level. I also get 4’s or 5’s in foundation maths and Im worried that’s going to make a level chemistry life even more overwhelming since it contains a lot of maths in it (correct me if I’m wrong). I plan on studying pharmacology in uni and it requires a level chemistry and biology. So should I pick them?
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by Abyannn
I’m in year 11 and I’m doing combined science I got 6-6 in my mock exams. I enjoy some of chemistry like the practicals. I find chemistry quite interesting but I don’t know if I want to do it in a level. Same with biology, I find it interesting but I’m not sure if I want to do it in a level. I also get 4’s or 5’s in foundation maths and Im worried that’s going to make a level chemistry life even more overwhelming since it contains a lot of maths in it (correct me if I’m wrong). I plan on studying pharmacology in uni and it requires a level chemistry and biology. So should I pick them?

if you genuinely enjoy the subjects then you won't find it difficult to put effort into them. if you definitely want to study pharmacology then you have no choice other than to pick chem and bio but you must have a passion for studying it otherwise you will find it difficult. if you are willing to put the effort then i dont see why you cant choose them
Reply 2
Original post by lol2468
if you genuinely enjoy the subjects then you won't find it difficult to put effort into them. if you definitely want to study pharmacology then you have no choice other than to pick chem and bio but you must have a passion for studying it otherwise you will find it difficult. if you are willing to put the effort then i dont see why you cant choose them

Thank you so much. Studying pharmacy or pharmacology has been my dream

Quick Reply

Latest