The Student Room Group

Can Android users no longer buy individual songs/albums?

Is there genuinely no way for android users to buy individual songs/albums anymore? Monthly subscription with YT Music is a wasted investment when I only buy like a couple of songs and maybe one album every few months; it's why I cancelled my Google play subscription because it was a wasted tenner every month when I could save that money and only pay the odd pound for a song or 7 quid for an album every few months.
It doesn't seem so :frown:

If you want to know my workaround, I downloaded the old Samsung Music app, downloaded my google play library (in the webapp + then transferred to my phone storage via google drive), and if I want to purchase new music I do so via amazon music or bandcamp. YT music is bs honestly, it's just a cash grab (you literally have to buy a subscription to be able to listen to music offline, even if youve already bought the album/track)

The thing I do isn't the most efficient, especially if you have a large library and/or the artists you buy from arent on amazon music or bandcamp, but it works. Wish they'd just kept google play as it was though :/

Quick Reply

Latest