The Student Room Group

marketing

want to reach out to companys to work for them for free but not sure what to say when reaching out. also if agreed, what do I start with. on a digital marketing course at university
up to you
Original post by rs9876
want to reach out to companys to work for them for free but not sure what to say when reaching out. also if agreed, what do I start with. on a digital marketing course at university

Edit - I kinda hashed this out on my lunch break. Don't think it's perfect but I hope it helps!

Good idea! I suggest emailing the company with any main address you find on their website. The email should be simple, asking about opportunities and showing appreciation / tying yourself back to whatever it is they do.

Something like...

Subject: I'm keen to join Your Company on a voluntary basis. Is there an opportunity?

Dear Big Hotshot Manager,

I hope you're enjoying the start to the week and I'm getting in touch on the off-chance that there might be an opportunity to join Your Company on a voluntary position, assisting with marketing and social media related tasks.

I'm currently studying on a digital marketing course at TSR College and am keen to supplement my studies with real world marketing experience. So far, I've touched on aspects of digital marketing including, but not limited to: social media, graphic design, seo and copywriting. I've enjoyed learning and want to develop my skills further, working within a team environment in an established marketing agency.

One of my recent projects focused on the best way to build followers using social media content. It taught me a lot about the importance of how engaging posts can help attract service users, which I note is something your company does a lot of. I was impressed by some of the recent work you shared about how graduates can get valuable work experience by randomly emailing companies to ask about it (link).

I hope we can arrange a quick chat if you feel there might be an opportunity. If so, I'd be available to begin immediately and can work on Mondays and Wednesdays. You can reach me on 07954938383833.

Please also see my online portfolio that includes some of my creative projects - mywebsite.co.uk

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Rs9876
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by DuckDodgers
Edit - I kinda hashed this out on my lunch break. Don't think it's perfect but I hope it helps!

Good idea! I suggest emailing the company with any main address you find on their website. The email should be simple, asking about opportunities and showing appreciation / tying yourself back to whatever it is they do.

Something like...

Subject: I'm keen to join Your Company on a voluntary basis. Is there an opportunity?

Dear Big Hotshot Manager,

I hope you're enjoying the start to the week and I'm getting in touch on the off-chance that there might be an opportunity to join Your Company on a voluntary position, assisting with marketing and social media related tasks.

I'm currently studying on a digital marketing course at TSR College and am keen to supplement my studies with real world marketing experience. So far, I've touched on aspects of digital marketing including, but not limited to: social media, graphic design, seo and copywriting. I've enjoyed learning and want to develop my skills further, working within a team environment in an established marketing agency.

One of my recent projects focused on the best way to build followers using social media content. It taught me a lot about the importance of how engaging posts can help attract service users, which I note is something your company does a lot of. I was impressed by some of the recent work you shared about how graduates can get valuable work experience by randomly emailing companies to ask about it (link).

I hope we can arrange a quick chat if you feel there might be an opportunity. If so, I'd be available to begin immediately and can work on Mondays and Wednesdays. You can reach me on 07954938383833.

Please also see my online portfolio that includes some of my creative projects - mywebsite.co.uk

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Rs9876

Thats lovely thank you so much !!!! Also wondering if they continue with me on board, what happens. do they set me a role or do I say I can help with certain things. and if its a small company, how do I satrt if they dont want to gives roles !? appreciated

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending