The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

University College London United States Applicants’ Thread 2021

Anyone applying to UCL from the US? Haven’t seen a thread for US applicants yet. What are you applying for? Have you received your offer? When did you receive/submit your UCAS? What are your conditions?
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hello! Applying for Law M100.

Haven't received an offer yet but i'll update when I hear back :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Hi
just got an offer today for biological sciences - conditions are AP's of 55544, or SAT over 1380 with AP's 555 and GPA 3.3/4.0. These are the entry requirements listed for the course.

I have already exceeded the SAT score and have AP's of 5554. I think I just need to send the official score report from College Board and then my transcript on graduation since my GPA is fine too :smile:
Reply 3
I got an unconditional offer to study Law at UCL!
Original post by emxtina
Anyone applying to UCL from the US? Haven’t seen a thread for US applicants yet. What are you applying for? Have you received your offer? What are your conditions?

I applied for BSc Stats Econ Finance, got an unconditional offer yesterday. What have you guys heard or read about British college culture vs the states? I don't want college to be a three year ineluctable grind ahahahh.
Just got an unconditional for Bs/Msci Psych/ lang science!
Got an offer for UCL Economics conditional on 5 on AP Calculus BC
Reply 7
Original post by Negativeclout
Got an offer for UCL Economics conditional on 5 on AP Calculus BC

Did your AP calc teacher provide any predicted grades? I had my AP chem teacher predict my exam grade, but I haven’t received offers yet
Reply 8
Original post by johnfinseth
I applied for BSc Stats Econ Finance, got an unconditional offer yesterday. What have you guys heard or read about British college culture vs the states? I don't want college to be a three year ineluctable grind

Definitely more fast-paced, diving right into your course of choice. It sounds like independence is a crucial quality especially since you’re so far away from home, depending on where you’re at in the US. No frats/sororities, but I feel that London nightlife is just as good or even better, but I don’t know what that would look like under the current covid circumstances. What have you heard?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by emxtina
Did your AP calc teacher provide any predicted grades? I had my AP chem teacher predict my exam grade, but I haven’t received offers yet

Yeah she did
Original post by emxtina
Anyone applying to UCL from the US? Haven’t seen a thread for US applicants yet. What are you applying for? Have you received your offer? When did you receive/submit your UCAS? What are your conditions?

I’ve applied for Politics, Philosophy, and Economics! I haven’t gotten an offer, and I’m kind of confused lol. I don’t take AP Calculus BC, but when I emailed the admissions office explicitly saying I don’t take it, they said I was still eligible. Then I went on the course page and I think it said for any mathematics course AP Calculus BC is required in place of A-Levels?? Maybe I’m reading the requirements wrong. Anyways, I already have a 5 and a 4 in AP US history and AP Lang/Composition respectively, and my predicted grades in AP Psych, AP Environmental Science, and AP Latin are all 5’s. I also scored a 690 in the Lit SAT subject test and 800 in the US history subject test. I submitted my application in October :P

I did get an offer from York, though! Super excited, I really like it there as well. This was literally one huge tangent, sorry everyone! Best of luck to you all!
Original post by lk4272

THAT'S AMAZING CONGRATS!!! Can I ask what your qualifications were?? Cause I also applied for Law but still haven't heard back:frown:
Original post by lk4272

Omg congrats!! I've also applied for Law and am waiting for a decision.
Can I ask what qualifications you had?
I'm really impressed that u got an unconditional, never heard of such a top uni giving these offers! Congratulations!
Reply 13
Original post by Bubbles2211
Omg congrats!! I've also applied for Law and am waiting for a decision.
Can I ask what qualifications you had?
I'm really impressed that u got an unconditional, never heard of such a top uni giving these offers! Congratulations!

Original post by Repsa
THAT'S AMAZING CONGRATS!!! Can I ask what your qualifications were?? Cause I also applied for Law but still haven't heard back:frown:

Thank you! Yeah, for sure. In terms of school grades, I had mostly A's with exception to a few B+'s here and there (screw Comp Sci and Chem.) I took a bunch of AP exams and got the following scores: 55555544433. I also got a 36 on my ACT which I slapped on there. Good luck and I hope you guys get favorable decisions soon!
Original post by lk4272
Thank you! Yeah, for sure. In terms of school grades, I had mostly A's with exception to a few B+'s here and there (screw Comp Sci and Chem.) I took a bunch of AP exams and got the following scores: 55555544433. I also got a 36 on my ACT which I slapped on there. Good luck and I hope you guys get favorable decisions soon!

How on earth did you get to take 11 APs?! My school only allows juniors and seniors to take them, so I’ve only gotten to do five.
Reply 15
Original post by Lepath21
How on earth did you get to take 11 APs?! My school only allows juniors and seniors to take them, so I’ve only gotten to do five.

Thankfully, my high school was pretty lenient with how many I could take, so I got them all done during my sophomore and junior year.
just curious how likely people think they are to go to UCL
I have an offer from UCL and Imperial - having trouble deciding between the 2
also waiting to see which US schools I get into but UCL is pretty much the top of my list
Original post by Anonymous
just curious how likely people think they are to go to UCL
I have an offer from UCL and Imperial - having trouble deciding between the 2
also waiting to see which US schools I get into but UCL is pretty much the top of my list

Tell you what, I've applied to UCL and it's my top choice. I am not really sure that I'll get an offer though, but if I do, I'm DEFINITELY choosing it as my firm choice
Original post by lk4272

U HAVE AMAZING GRADES!!! Well deserved. This is my second time applying to UCL cause it's my dream school🥺 i have 55544 and an A* on one a level. I also put down my predicted grades 55554; im hoping they're enough to get me an offer but I am not rlly planning on taking all 5 tests. If my offer is based on 2 APs im only taking 2 exams and so on.
I am from the US and applied for history in October, but I still haven't heard back.
My Stats: 5 (APUSH), 5 (APHUG), 4(APLANG), 4(APAH), 1450 sat, 4.0 GPA
I'm taking 5 APs this year, so I hope that I at get an offer, probably conditional that i get another 5 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending